Plans for today in the last day of this year of our Pigeon Lord 2018

7daysinaweek

Up this morning and missus off to work. Our Kids, well, I say kids are young adults now and were still in their beds so cooked bacon barms and that seemed to rouse them for a little while and after scoffing the barms they have both gone back to bed. (out late the pair of them, Oh to be young again) Just sitting in peace with some Freddy playing through the Alexa thingy, no telly and enjoying a mince pie with a cup of tea.

Wife will be home early afternoon and will be having a few mulled wines, bit of trivial pursuit as a family, stuff ourselves with a load of party food that the wife got in. Our kids are going out into town around 10 pm so me and the missus will see new year in with a few of the regular neighbors in the street who will also creep out just prior to midnight.

May I wish all my fellow PW family the very best of health and high spirits for the coming year.

atb

7diaw

3 minutes ago, figgy said:

Going to a nice New Year's Eve Ball. 

All the very Best to all.

That sounds like a great night to be had Figgy, is it a themed Ball?

Just now, Dougy said:

Same to you all too,

Im at work, then home, cup of tea, bit of pork pie and pickle then out Foxing. 

All power to you Dougy, now that's the way to see in the new year.

atb

I am looking forward to an early morning shower to scrub the last traces of this year off,began the year with a leg in plaster following a double ankle fracture, the death of a dear friend, then later a heart attack sidelined me for a while, then the hard decision (twixt me & missus,) that I would kick motorcycles finally into the long grass (I had put a few there over the years). But at least I am still here! Best wishes to all on here, & their famillies, dogs Etc. As Scarlett O,Hara said "Tomorrow is another day "(year!)

13 minutes ago, guzzicat said:

I am looking forward to an early morning shower to scrub the last traces of this year off,began the year with a leg in plaster following a double ankle fracture, the death of a dear friend, then later a heart attack sidelined me for a while, then the hard decision (twixt me & missus,) that I would kick motorcycles finally into the long grass (I had put a few there over the years). But at least I am still here! Best wishes to all on here, & their famillies, dogs Etc. As Scarlett O,Hara said "Tomorrow is another day "(year!)

Most certainly a testing year for yourself and your family Guzz, ankle fracture are not straightforward then having a malady with your heart is a huge thing for anyone to contend with. Your fortitude appears to have carried you through, all power to you and sounds like you are well on the mend with support from the missus.

About 8 years ago me and my wife got rid of our motorcycles after many years of having sports bikes, her last bike was a Fazer 600 and my last one was a yzf 600. I decided I would let mine go as had had a a couple of near misses and one particular incident was the heavy straw. My wife carried on riding for another year or so but it was never the same.

Tragic and awful when we lose ones so close to us and for me it somehow wells upon our own mortality and morbidity as we age. In that puzzling time we are changed forever, It is times such as this in life that we need to lean upon one another more than ever and it is a wonderful thing the bond and friendship yourself and your friend shared.

I once heard some one say that "death is what makes life worth living" Too bloody true!

May I sincerely wish you all the best.

Philip.

Shot some pigeons at first light then back home to take the other dog out. Spent an hour looking for a decoying opportunity for tomorrow. Just watched part 3 of 'Mrs Wilson'. Dogs will be going out soon and I will take the opportunity to watch how many pigeons go into a roosting wood. No party tonight so bed early. Shooting tomorrow. 

I have a very dull life.

12 minutes ago, JDog said:

Shot some pigeons at first light then back home to take the other dog out. Spent an hour looking for a decoying opportunity for tomorrow. Just watched part 3 of 'Mrs Wilson'. Dogs will be going out soon and I will take the opportunity to watch how many pigeons go into a roosting wood. No party tonight so bed early. Shooting tomorrow. 

I have a very dull life.

Not dull at all JD!

Hope you post up re this mornings outing or are you doing a belated one from tomorrow as you back out in the morning?

This is what I enjoy about PW is all the different contributors who make our lives so colorful. Just had to look up Mrs Wilson I think the missus has been following it.

Great seeing the dog is mending well and all the very best.

atvb

Just back from a trudge around the marsh in the rain, Im trying to stop my springer from giving chase on  flushed snipe. didnt see one snipe ...until i got home and went down the veg patch, where he flushed one.. nothing much planned tonight but theres assorted teen children and their mates here at the moment...might go back down the marsh to watch the ducks pass out of range..walk on the hill tomorrow.

Bliadhna mhath ur

Busy day today, was out to a new permission that included shooting, Coots, Canada's and Rabbit's, when that went quiet l moved onto another and shot squirrels and a magpie.

Guns cleaned, me showered and fed, rest of the day will be spent inter webbing and contemplating where to shoot tomorrow.

Enjoy your New Year.

we're out later at the brother in laws, few drinks and board games, we had plans for this afternoon but kids are playing away nicely.

Managed a squirrel from the comfort of home after finally sorting my two pheasant and duck from Thursday.

Been a great break, realise some of you will have been working but I've got another week to enjoy yet.

All the best folks

Relaxing day today. Walked the dogs this morning, back for scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. Plucked and dressed the duck from the other nights flight to our little pond. Watching the Dam Busters then off to pick up a Indian takeaway for me,Chinese for swmbo, a bottle of wine to go with and that'll be me done. 

All the best to you all.

Shoot straight, Clumber.

Today is Our Christmas day! Son had the double ended bug Christmas eve and wasn't any better next day, so we cancelled it and had it all today with Grandkids,Son,Daughter and their other halves. Just got up from the table and about to open presents, so feels like the real day.

1 hour ago, sako751sg said:

Very little today.

Supper,a couple of drams and that will be the year gone.

Havent shot lately as the old fella has shoulder problems but hopefully will be fine tomorrow as had a couple of injections the last couple of weeks.If so a rough walk and then a pond for the ducks.

At least you getting out Sako, enjoyed your great posts through the year

atvb

1 hour ago, Pigeon Shredder. said:

Busy day today, was out to a new permission that included shooting, Coots, Canada's and Rabbit's, when that went quiet l moved onto another and shot squirrels and a magpie.

Guns cleaned, me showered and fed, rest of the day will be spent inter webbing and contemplating where to shoot tomorrow.

Enjoy your New Year.

Bloomin eck PS that sound like some mixed bag

A new year vermin Macnab by my accounts, just needed to get a fish in for completion 😂

atvb

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

we're out later at the brother in laws, few drinks and board games, we had plans for this afternoon but kids are playing away nicely.

Managed a squirrel from the comfort of home after finally sorting my two pheasant and duck from Thursday.

Been a great break, realise some of you will have been working but I've got another week to enjoy yet.

All the best folks

Sounds awesome day that K and great for the kids and family, Christmas is wonderful when you have family and special time for remembering those close to us.

I take it that squizzer was probably the visitor the other day?

Thanks for reminding me that you off for another week, I back in again Tuesday, he, ho! or should I say ho,ho,ho!

Enjoy your break mate and see soon.

atvb

40 minutes ago, clumber said:

Relaxing day today. Walked the dogs this morning, back for scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. Plucked and dressed the duck from the other nights flight to our little pond. Watching the Dam Busters then off to pick up a Indian takeaway for me,Chinese for swmbo, a bottle of wine to go with and that'll be me done. 

All the best to you all.

Shoot straight, Clumber.

Proper new years breakfast that Clumber, did the dogs have the same breakfast as you?

A productive day by all accounts.

Enjoy your take away, mmmmm! as nice curry!

atvb

33 minutes ago, Adrian Armsby said:

I'll be out waiting for Charlie, Happy New year and the best of health to everyone 

Good luck Adrian.

atvb

31 minutes ago, gotgcoalman said:

Had a walk with a gun after an early finish at work. Finished 2018 off with a 100% shot to kill ratio. OK 2 shots fired at the only 2 pigeons about.

That's the way to look at it GTM, I like your thinking, all power to you for getting out.

atvb

3 minutes ago, tonker said:

Today is Our Christmas day! Son had the double ended bug Christmas eve and wasn't any better next day, so we cancelled it and had it all today with Grandkids,Son,Daughter and their other halves. Just got up from the table and about to open presents, so feels like the real day.

A noxious malady is the double ender!

I do empathise with anyone who has been affected and these yearly pathogens are currently doing the rounds.

Christmas can be celebrated at any time over the period and glad to hear that he feeling better, bet the kids all excited and you all together and that is what Christmas all about.

atvb

7diaw

56 minutes ago, clumber said:

They wish! Tho the Clumber had a raw egg in his and the Border had a leftover sausage. 

It sounds like the Border got the best part of that deal!

23 minutes ago, Scully said:

Dropped off daughter at station on her way back to uni', and son off out with mates; my OH working 'til midnight so I may mosey along to the local for a couple and then watch a Sicario 2. 

A happy new year from me and mine to you and yours. 👍

My daughter and lad just gone out and I am enjoying another mulled wine.

Have one for me Scully and all the very best!