Plans for today in the last day of this year of our Pigeon Lord 2018

7daysinaweek

Just now, Scully said:

Cheers. Am now sat in pub on my lonesome...will do. And to you too.👍

Are there many in the pub and what are you drinking?

I went down to my local the other day I was on me own and quaffed a few pints of Plum Porter ale, turned out a bit messy (in the right way of course) but all good in the end.

Out with a bang! Dosed up with pain killers recovering from smashing up my disco Saturday night! Came off worse after an encounter with a bunch of fallow deer and a tree! Strange year! Friends lost! Few gained! Tears n laughter! Good times! Bad times! Mainly just glad to still be here! happy new year folks!    Atb. NB

3 hours ago, Pigeon Shredder. said:

Busy day today, was out to a new permission that included shooting, Coots, Canada's and Rabbit's, when that went quiet l moved onto another and shot squirrels and a magpie.

Guns cleaned, me showered and fed, rest of the day will be spent inter webbing and contemplating where to shoot tomorrow.

Enjoy your New Year.

Why do you shoot coots?

Had a fairly quite day today , up at around 6.30 , took the dog out for his normal run and then back home for a bacon roll , tidied the garage up and took some Pheasants and duck to sell at the pub , my wife came as well so we carried on to Lowertoft to stock up a already well stoked cupboard , got home around 3.30pm so I was in time for a cuppa before going down the marsh to see if I could get my last duck in 2018 , got down there in good time and it was one of those nights where you just felt it wasn't going to be very productive and that was exactly how it was , saw the odd duck but my gun barrels were kept clean .

Now sitting here with my once a year glass of cider , so before I nod off I would like to raise my glass and wish you and everyone else a Very Happy New Year:yay: 

33 minutes ago, Scully said:

Didn’t realise this stuff was £4.50 a pint! Blinkin’ ‘eck! 

I probably get to the pub 3-4 times a year now Scully and every time I go I swear the price has gone up. Now I am not adverse to spending money and I understand pubs have overheads but my local which I have drank in forever is over 700 years old. My mate pointed out that he can understand when he goes for a pint and the price goes up a little as they may have refurbished the place. In my local you are paying £4.50 for a pint, the bar is a 3 foot plank of wood which is a couple of hundred years old and the concrete floor was last resurfaced around 1930 I am led to believe. The pub cannot be changed in any way, cannot have a music box because has a preservation of some kind. 

When I first started drinking there I used to drink mild which was 50p a pint. I could go out with a fiver and that would be me night.

4 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Had a fairly quite day today , up at around 6.30 , took the dog out for his normal run and then back home for a bacon roll , tidied the garage up and took some Pheasants and duck to sell at the pub , my wife came as well so we carried on to Lowertoft to stock up a already well stoked cupboard , got home around 3.30pm so I was in time for a cuppa before going down the marsh to see if I could get my last duck in 2018 , got down there in good time and it was one of those nights where you just felt it wasn't going to be very productive and that was exactly how it was , saw the odd duck but my gun barrels were kept clean .

Now sitting here with my once a year glass of cider , so before I nod off I would like to raise my glass and wish you and everyone else a Very Happy New Year:yay: 

31 minutes ago, NatureBoy said:

Out with a bang! Dosed up with pain killers recovering from smashing up my disco Saturday night! Came off worse after an encounter with a bunch of fallow deer and a tree! Strange year! Friends lost! Few gained! Tears n laughter! Good times! Bad times! Mainly just glad to still be here! happy new year folks!    Atb. NB

Marsh man great getting that game out to your local and the visit to the marsh sounded very pleasant, bet you never seen a soul!

Enjoy your beverage and atvb

Nature boy

Sorry to hear of your unfortunate incident, vehicle can be replaced, that said never a pleasant experience being caught up in a RTA and is always a shock. I am sure you be back to it in no time and I wish you all of the very best.

3 hours ago, 7daysinaweek said:

Thanks for reminding me that you off for another week, I back in again Tuesday, he, ho! or should I say ho,ho,ho!

Enjoy your break mate and see soon.

Should be in Wednesday but i booked hols, i was thinking of you working hard on boxing day while i was eating turkey.

Just now, Mice! said:

Should be in Wednesday but i booked hols, i was thinking of you working hard on boxing day while i was eating turkey.

As Ditchman would say "Get stuffed"! 🤣

That 13 hour shift on boxing day nearly killed me and having worked Christmas day also I felt like I had been stuffed. 

atvb mate and speak soon.

Decided to come home early and not have a full night out after any of the 4 Fox's flushed out of 3 drivers last Friday. 

Kind of decided by the high wind, but more of having to round up 6 Beefcake Texel Rams that bolted through the gate. Straight down the track after the Ewes, they were planning on seeing the new year in with a bang for certain. I managed to get 4 back but 2 seemed to still want a bit of a party, jumping back just missing me, surly would have sent be bowling over. Eventually getting the 2 super studs back after another run up and down the 3/4 mile track, i decided to call it a night. Dont think much to this shepherding game.

Brandy in the glass and feet up. Happy new year. 

27 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Decided to come home early and not have a full night out after any of the 4 Fox's flushed out of 3 drivers last Friday. 

Kind of decided by the high wind, but more of having to round up 6 Beefcake Texel Rams that bolted through the gate. Straight down the track after the Ewes, they were planning on seeing the new year in with a bang for certain. I managed to get 4 back but 2 seemed to still want a bit of a party, jumping back just missing me, surly would have sent be bowling over. Eventually getting the 2 super studs back after another run up and down the 3/4 mile track, i decided to call it a night. Dont think much to this shepherding game.

Brandy in the glass and feet up. Happy new year. 

There is your good deed for the year Dougy, sometimes things just don't pan out how we would wish and I am sure you will be catching up with them in the new year.

Enjoy that Brandy!

25 minutes ago, 7daysinaweek said:

There is your good deed for the year Dougy, sometimes things just don't pan out how we would wish and I am sure you will be catching up with them in the new year.

Enjoy that Brandy!

But it was me that opened the gate. At about a grand a piece+ I had to get them back into the field i let them out of or I'd be in the next shepherd's pie. 

Spent the last 5minutes of 2018 and the 1st 10minutes of 2019 trying to extract a broken cork out of an unopened bottle of 12 yo Highland Park! 😡.......Bloody good start to 2019 eh?....got the blighter in the end tho!........happy new year all! 👍

Edited by panoma1

13 hours ago, 7daysinaweek said:

That sounds like a great night to be had Figgy, is it a themed Ball?

All power to you Dougy, now that's the way to see in the new year.

atb

No its not themed but it's full  black tie or smart morning suit women in ball gowns do in a local Stateley hall and in the ticket price is all your drink , premium spirits and foreign lagers beers like birra moretti. All the food you can eat I cluding all seafood including lobsters dressed crabs huge prawns and laguistines smoked salmon shellfish etc and full carvery's of meats  Along with cheeses cold meats  pastas paiellas everything you could want with numerous deserts. A live band this year was a take that tribute for part of the night then DJ till 2am. Fantastic night with good company. Will be booking for next year as soon as available.

7 hours ago, figgy said:

No its not themed but it's full  black tie or smart morning suit women in ball gowns do in a local Stateley hall and in the ticket price is all your drink , premium spirits and foreign lagers beers like birra moretti. All the food you can eat I cluding all seafood including lobsters dressed crabs huge prawns and laguistines smoked salmon shellfish etc and full carvery's of meats  Along with cheeses cold meats  pastas paiellas everything you could want with numerous deserts. A live band this year was a take that tribute for part of the night then DJ till 2am. Fantastic night with good company. Will be booking for next year as soon as available.

So your rough today I'm guessing?

10 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Spent the last 5minutes of 2018 and the 1st 10minutes of 2019 trying to extract a broken cork out of an unopened bottle of 12 yo Highland Park! 😡.......Bloody good start to 2019 eh?....got the blighter in the end tho!........happy new year all! 👍

you weren't using a Swiss army knife were you?

The last day of 2018 was a near  perfect day for me. I was lucky enough to be invited to shoot on a friends farm along with his family. I went to put some wheat on my flight pond before hand and shot a left and right at rats which was a good start. The shoot went well with 2 young boys both bagging their first pheasant, they were very proud, as was their Grandad. I then went and shot a couple of ducks flighting into said pond at dusk. Returning home to quickly change as we had friends round for dinner and a few glasses of nice wine. Tucked up in bed for 11 pm. Perfect.