How many Foxes are killed in 2019

steve_b_wales

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was just about to pull the plug this evening as my supper was planned for 6..30p. I had one last scan with the BOBLOV and there about 80yrds away was a big fox mousing, going along like a badger oblivious to the banging and crashing and loud talk from the new build cattle sheds just behind me.  I swapped to the DaveG  NV pulled in the magnification lined up and my phone vibrated...it was the young farmer texting....."that sounded promising!!!!" he was in the shed behind me causing all the noise.  Went over and found it was a sizeable dog fox in pristine condition.    22Bench Rest  55g V Max does not take prisoners, nasty big hole on the exit side, job done.

001.jpg

On 14/01/2019 at 20:33, Walker570 said:

Was just about to pull the plug this evening as my supper was planned for 6..30p. I had one last scan with the BOBLOV and there about 80yrds away was a big fox mousing, going along like a badger oblivious to the banging and crashing and loud talk from the new build cattle sheds just behind me.  I swapped to the DaveG  NV pulled in the magnification lined up and my phone vibrated...it was the young farmer texting....."that sounded promising!!!!" he was in the shed behind me causing all the noise.  Went over and found it was a sizeable dog fox in pristine condition.    22Bench Rest  55g V Max does not take prisoners, nasty big hole on the exit side, job done.

001.jpg

good job Walker570.....is the boblov a spotter or does have range finder capabilities ?

Just a spotter. I don't meed range finders having shot this and all of my ground for over 30yrs I know whats in range. I appreciate they can be useful on new ground or if you happen to be shooting an air rifle or even a 22RF.  It has it's own IR lamp but I have added a slightly stronger one on the rail underneath. Handy for those 200 yard situations to get a clearer view. Although I rarely have to use it.  Certainly saves waving the rifle about which is not sensible.

Having run a battery down once, I purchased another two, so have a spare with me. Easy change over.

Edited by Walker570

1 minute ago, Walker570 said:

Just a spotter. I don't meed range finders having shot this and all of my ground for over 30yrs I know whats in range. I appreciate they can be useful on new ground or if you happen to be shooting an air rifle or even a 22RF.  It has it's own IR lamp but I have added a slightly stronger one on the rail underneath. Handy for those 200 yard situations to get a clearer view. Although I rarely have to use it.  Certainly saves waving the rifle about which is not sensible.

great thanks for the reply.....yes it's for a <12ft/lb air rifle on a permission I've recently got on a golf course....I've got a NV photon scope but I'm struggling to get an accurate distance so was looking at one of the cheap NV range finders. I know BOBLOV do them but I liked the look of your one ;)

12 so far this year, probably that’s it for January for me, all .223 & Drone. Some to bait, some just walked up on & Vixen in heat call.

one big dog fox evaded me for 4-5 trips and walking back to the car, one last look saw him dropped at 100 yards 

total 48