steve_b_wales

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 20/07/2019 at 16:43, Pigeon Shredder. said:

Shot 2 this afternoon, when skinning and gutting watery blisters were noticeable on the inner chest cavity about fingernail size, when l probed them fluids and small white “eggs” poured out, both carcasses into the foxing bin for later.

Any ideas to what this is, and has anyone else seen this.

Tapeworm cysts,nasty!,you'll likely find a few more infected rabbits in the same area.

3 this afternoon with the .22lr on a permission l managed to attain after 10 months of trying, owner wouldn’t allow me to shoot stating he already had people shooting and ferreting the site.

Met him on Saturday while on my way to another permission and pointed out that every time I pass his property it is alive with rabbits, after the usual conversation he looked at me and said “l’m disappointed in the people l’ve entrusted, you can shoot it”, which part says l, “all of it”, we shook hands on it and went our separate ways.

So l reckon on about 50/60 acres added to my shooting just by being in the right place at the right time.

Total 1168.

Monday evening 19th. 9 rabbits in between the downpours. This weekend has been to hot for me to venture out.

Now most fields have been harvested and grass edges will be topped. More  areas are now good to go.

Total = 1177

Edited by bone
forgot totals

So we’re still set up under the hazel tree waiting for the bunnies to show, good breeze coming from the east so their not going to get a scent of me anyway, spot a couple coming out from the undergrowth, hit the first one and the second doesn’t notice or move, put the binoculars on him and yep myxomatosis so dispatch him as well, the others that did show were out off range of the 22lr today so l collected them and laid them out near the squirrels shot earlier.

Total 1327.

See Corvids.