steve_b_wales

How many Grey Squirrels are killed in 2019

Had a walk around my squirrel permission to check the feeders and they have started feeding from them , spotted three on three different feeders .

walking along another part of the wood and out of the corner of my eye caught a sight of a squirrel on the ground

Ranged it at 78 yards which is one and half milldots on the FX .25 FAC impact ,went down on the bipod  , and released the lump of lead . As you can see a spot on shot and the damage is unbelievable           

Total = 9

IMG_0313 (3).JPG

1 hour ago, villaman said:

Had a walk around my squirrel permission to check the feeders and they have started feeding from them , spotted three on three different feeders .

walking along another part of the wood and out of the corner of my eye caught a sight of a squirrel on the ground

Ranged it at 78 yards which is one and half milldots on the FX .25 FAC impact ,went down on the bipod  , and released the lump of lead . As you can see a spot on shot and the damage is unbelievable           

IMG_0313 (3).JPG

Certainly was an impact 😂

And we're off, early door's at the golf course this morning saw two off with the CZ, and then when l got home and was making my omelette a cheeky one was in the shrubs, so the TX200 took care of that nonsense straight away.

Posted (edited)

5 today off the pheasant wheat feeder + a new peanut went up next to the existing feeder.

I’ll do a survey on the next visit of how many squirrels prefer peanuts 😁

285BACF6-3EAF-4517-BBAA-4B4C6611C696.jpg

B2EB550A-1BE0-4DB2-A95E-4B55E773BB2E.jpg

Edited by AndyCM
Add photos / fix links

Posted (edited)

Three less in Windermere today, had an invite from Sciurus to join him, first time I've seen a squirrel shot in the grounds of a castle 😃 and Sciurus had a cracking shot from a fir tree in a hotels grounds,  had a look around a few different places, some really picture post card scenery that's for sure.

Had a play with his pulsar, and i can certainly see why people like them, being able to spot a squirrel without movement is a massive advantage.

Thanks for day out.

Certainly a better attitude to grey squirrel control in the Lakes than other areas that's for sure 👍 

Edited by Mice!

Mice, A good walkabout, shame it was a bit too cool and the greys stayed indoors,  but at least there was time for a bit of deer spotting!

Two today at local caravan site, probably the two that dodged Mice and myself the other day. Note the roe quietly grazing behind.2CAB6A86-90ED-4BF8-AB6A-5C5E9CBAC9EE.jpeg.2de589a6725ca7d4eab9287a00f765f6.jpeg

Total 25

Three today, 2 shot on feeders at local hotel and 1 trapped at the caravan park.

Total 32

Posted (edited)

1 in the woods behind the house when I popped home for lunch today. His mate escaped, im sure I will catch up with him at some point. 

Total 33

Edited by J90GUN

Today, 2 more checked out of the 5 Star Hotel, but paid full price.

Total 35

Just one unwelcome guest at the hotel, stuffing himself at the all day breakfast bar!