How many Grey Squirrels are killed in 2019

steve_b_wales

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a walk around my squirrel permission to check the feeders and they have started feeding from them , spotted three on three different feeders .

walking along another part of the wood and out of the corner of my eye caught a sight of a squirrel on the ground

Ranged it at 78 yards which is one and half milldots on the FX .25 FAC impact ,went down on the bipod  , and released the lump of lead . As you can see a spot on shot and the damage is unbelievable           

Total = 9

IMG_0313 (3).JPG

1 hour ago, villaman said:

Had a walk around my squirrel permission to check the feeders and they have started feeding from them , spotted three on three different feeders .

walking along another part of the wood and out of the corner of my eye caught a sight of a squirrel on the ground

Ranged it at 78 yards which is one and half milldots on the FX .25 FAC impact ,went down on the bipod  , and released the lump of lead . As you can see a spot on shot and the damage is unbelievable           

IMG_0313 (3).JPG

Certainly was an impact 😂

5 today off the pheasant wheat feeder + a new peanut went up next to the existing feeder.

I’ll do a survey on the next visit of how many squirrels prefer peanuts 😁

285BACF6-3EAF-4517-BBAA-4B4C6611C696.jpg

B2EB550A-1BE0-4DB2-A95E-4B55E773BB2E.jpg

Edited by AndyCM
Add photos / fix links

Three less in Windermere today, had an invite from Sciurus to join him, first time I've seen a squirrel shot in the grounds of a castle 😃 and Sciurus had a cracking shot from a fir tree in a hotels grounds,  had a look around a few different places, some really picture post card scenery that's for sure.

Had a play with his pulsar, and i can certainly see why people like them, being able to spot a squirrel without movement is a massive advantage.

Thanks for day out.

Certainly a better attitude to grey squirrel control in the Lakes than other areas that's for sure 👍 

Edited by Mice!