How many Grey Squirrels are killed in 2019

steve_b_wales

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have noticed in the last few outings that they are dodging about sniffing the ground. The ones I shot this morning ..1female went straight for the food but the male was rushing around up and down every tree, eventually had to body shoot at about 5yrds.  Mating maybe.   ????   Had one come into the hide with me...eyeball to eyeball !!!!

Walker, they do generally seem to be in twos. If I spot one with the thermal, inevitably as I creep up, another rushes out from nowhere, then it’s a waiting game until one stops in range of the air rifle. Had a few cases of zombie greys recently, they are certainly tough critters!

It's our beaters day on the 26th and we're having a walk around on the 31st during which every drey we come near will be recieving a barrell!  I'll post the total afterwards.

Following that it will be onto roost shooting for Feb and maybe some of March where I shall be arriving in the wood an hour or so early for a quiet walk around to catch out the sun bathers.

A few will be falling to my great grandfathers 16 bore!

2 hours ago, shalfordninja33 said:

It's our beaters day on the 26th and we're having a walk around on the 31st during which every drey we come near will be recieving a barrell!  I'll post the total afterwards.

Following that it will be onto roost shooting for Feb and maybe some of March where I shall be arriving in the wood an hour or so early for a quiet walk around to catch out the sun bathers.

A few will be falling to my great grandfathers 16 bore!

I hope you are in an area away from any Reds!

Just one for me today, a large male shot on feeder in a Red supporters garden. His mate made a quick getaway but I suspect it was caught an hour later by one of my colleagues,  who trapped one in a neighbouring garden. Time will tell.

The same colleague now has to deal with two greys elsewhere that has taken over an owl box. Unfortunately I don’t know what has happened to the owl.

Total 74

1 hour ago, Sciurus said:

Just one for me today, a large male shot on feeder in a Red supporters garden. His mate made a quick getaway but I suspect it was caught an hour later by one of my colleagues,  who trapped one in a neighbouring garden. Time will tell.

The same colleague now has to deal with two greys elsewhere that has taken over an owl box. Unfortunately I don’t know what has happened to the owl.

Total 74

Hopefully with the time of year the box was likely to be empty, and there wouldn't have been any chicks in there.