How many Grey Squirrels are killed in 2019

steve_b_wales

17 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Eight today from Lincolnshire, so our Irish Fly Tyer will be getting seven tails in the next day or so as promised. He would have had eight, but one bounced about and dropped in a six foot ditch full of water.  Almost caught up with my plan of five a week.

Well done that man! He did say he wanted between 5 & 10 so 7 is just the job!👍

I managed to shoot my first grey for 3 weeks but unfortunately also missed another - The .410 hushpower takes some getting used to after having shot a 12g sxs all my life.

I did however spot a red so that was nice.

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, moondoggy said:

Got one little blighter this morning.

Shot at it on the nuts and missed. It ran up a nearby tree and, stupidly, stopped on a branch. Nailed it.

Total 550

is that a new neutering technique?

I'll add 1 even though it was already dead when i shot it.

Well it will not be peeping into my camera lens again.  Got in the seat at 5.45 and at 6.15 it appeared and sat up.  I had the 17HMR and I missed!!!  Was swearing to myself when it came back down the tree and sat up again. This tree is 60yrds away, should not be a difficult shot.  MISSED AGAIN!!! but this time I saw the strike about half an inch above it's head.  It scuttled off back up the tree and I thought that was it BUT, 15 mins later it came back down and sat up exactly the same place but now I had remembered I had zeroed on the first dot up at 50yrds because I was going to Lincolnshire and the ride there is 200yrds long.  Placed said dot midrift and a resounding TWOCK!!  Sorted.  It was now getting decidely cold in the slight north wind and I was just thinking of a hot cup of coffee and some breakfast when I saw a second one come dancing out of the hedge and sat in the same place.  TWOCK!!!   I love the sound these 17g projectiles make.  I gave it best as I was shivering so much it was difficult to hold steady and as I walked to pick the two up another ran off..... oh dear another early rise.

Edited by Walker570

Waiting for farmer to cme with his Tonka Toy to help me put up a high seat and saw a movement at the base of an oak tree. Head and shoulders above the grass enough for the 17HMR at 50yrds and didn't miss this time.

need 2 more by this coming Saturday to keep my plan of five a week.

Edited by Walker570

1 minute ago, Walker570 said:

Waiting for farmer to cme with his Tonka Toy to help me put up a high seat and saw a movement at the base of an oak tree. Head and shoulders above the grass enough for the 17HMR at 50yrds and didn't miss this time.

Don’t panic it’s only Monday.

l’m sure there’s a few awaiting your hmr’s attention the rest of the week.

🐿🐿 this is what you’re looking out for.

2 hours ago, Pigeon Shredder. said:

Really nice afternoon so a trip to the golf course was in order, and a mixed bag it was that fell to the hmr.

🐿🐿. 🐇. a magpie and 2 of our canadian pests, note pests, ok.

313 🐿 to date, as the saying goes, keep wacking and stacking.

:good:

On 25/03/2019 at 18:04, Walker570 said:

Think the total is 567 as per the 7 shot since Walker570 tally of 560.

Total 567

I am badly behind my target, firstly by poor weather and then being flattened by man flu. However I manfully left my sick bed today to deal with an extremely lively grey caught by my most successful householder, who is a spritely 89 yrs old and still runs! He puts me to shame.

Total 571