How many Grey Squirrels are killed in 2019

steve_b_wales

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 05.50 this single squirrel came out to the maize I had put down as bait. I was sat in a high seat 60yrds away with my 17HMR.  It is now fox bait.

I realised I had miscalculated on the number of weeks since 1st Jan and horror of horrors, I am 11 short on where I should be at five a week. Must try harder.

Up Date for my friend Chesh on here. Just checked with him and since his last contribution he has had 37.   I said I would update things for him.

He sent me a text and said he had told them he would not be shooting today ...he had five this morning...they obviously didn't realise it was an April Fool.

Edited by Walker570

150 mile round trip to an estate where I was expecting double figures and from 7am through to 4pm at three different sites I never saw a single tree rat. The three flip tops I have there had all been almost emptied so must have gone away for the day. **** law as well, didn't take the deer rifle and could have shot five munties.:no:   Maybe next week.

On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 13:30, Walker570 said:

150 mile round trip to an estate where I was expecting double figures and from 7am through to 4pm at three different sites I never saw a single tree rat. The three flip tops I have there had all been almost emptied so must have gone away for the day. **** law as well, didn't take the deer rifle and could have shot five munties.   Maybe next week.

Sounds like us that, nuts are being eaten but not while were there.

My new feeder is getting well used, but at irregular times, so yesterday I fitted an Elgeeco trap to the back of the tree and caught a male today with another grey keeping him company on the outside. Hopefully I will get it tomorrow.

Total 644