How many Grey Squirrels are killed in 2019

steve_b_wales

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Walker570 said:

I seem to have run out and need to restock.  Nothing on the cams and only the wood mice and birds are eating the peanuts in the flip tops. One plus to the flip tops is it attracts mice and therefor becomes a MacDonalds for the local owl population.

1745.JPG

That's a great picture, conservation at its best 👍 

11 hours ago, Sciurus said:

Great photo, much more interesting than trawling through hundreds of photos of greys raiding the feeder!

Be a nice surprise, squirrel squirrel squirrel squirrel squirrel squirrel squirrel twig squirrel squirrel OWL.

Decided that l needed an upper body workout this afternoon, so l got the TX200 out of the locker and went squirrel bashing at the golf course, forgetting just how heavy it can get when doing walked up shooting and after 2 hours l was feeling the effects.

But on a good note 3 squirrels will not be bothering anyone tomorrow.

Now sitting here with arm muscles like a farrier after a hard day. 🥵

1 hour ago, Pigeon Shredder. said:

Decided that l needed an upper body workout this afternoon, so l got the TX200 out of the locker and went squirrel bashing at the golf course, forgetting just how heavy it can get when doing walked up shooting and after 2 hours l was feeling the effects.

you should have had the TX in a golf bag sir, wheeling it around would be much easier, select your calibre for the shot, 110 yards slight dip to the left on the green? Hmr it is, 25 yards sat in a tree? Out with the TX.

1 hour ago, Pigeon Shredder. said:

Well worth the pain, but I agree they are not for humping around. I get tired just carrying mine from the Landie to the blind.

9 hours ago, Mice! said:

you should have had the TX in a golf bag sir, wheeling it around would be much easier, select your calibre for the shot, 110 yards slight dip to the left on the green? Hmr it is, 25 yards sat in a tree? Out with the TX.

Excellent idea, with the amount of different species on the course it could be TX, HMR, .223 all out together, and to fit in l could wear a red jumper and white slacks, plus of course a yellow cap, ain’t gonna happen l’m afraid.

Have a gent at the clay shoots that uses one though to good effect, although he is old 🤫

At last!

After five visits to this particular feeder and the level going down continuously and not seeing any squirrels.

I made the effort and was there at first light this morning and was rewarded with two shot squirrels and sighting of two others.

I'll be back.

Out early this morning on my new permission.

There were crows, pigeons and magpies all nicking the squirrel food, all out of bounds thanks to the GL withdrawal.

But I got what the feeding box was put up for, theres two less of the grey menace now.

Nah.  Just another day at the office:good:  First 12 between 6.30am and 10.45am all from the Landie passenger window with the Marlin 880 22rf  around a flip top and 1/2cwt of wheat we tipped under it last week.    Then a couple from two other woods where I was just topping off flip topswith whole maize.  I think the last 48hrs of nasty wet weather had made them hungry and this morning was glorious sunshine.  I think there will be more to come from that spot.   Lots of small bodied tree rats almost like half grown but the males where well endowed.

Makes them a narrow target when they sit bolt upright.