How many Grey Squirrels are killed in 2019

steve_b_wales

On 26/04/2019 at 19:25, Walker570 said:

14 today brings back a bit closer o my 5 a week plan. Four a week at this moment.

14 in a day!

Sounds fantastic to me. Great stuff.

I am embarrassed to say just one more trapped today, it’s been an awful month for shooting/trapping here.

Total 686

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after an hectic two weeks preparing to move house and then settling in the gun cabinets were finally resin bolted in and so yesterday I recovered them from the firearms dealer who had stored them for me.

Out this morning even though it was raining with the result of two females from the feeders.

It’s good to be back.

19 in photo 20 in total 1 taken by BOP                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        7401556875314943.jpg

Can't compete with that...brilliant. Keep whacking and stacking.

I did rise from my slumbers at 04.30hrs this morning and nipped across to a farm where I had baited under a couple of big trees just 17HMR distance from one of my high seats.

Settled back in the seat at 05.05 and at 05.25 the first of six came sneaking in and started on the whole maize I had put out.  THWOCK!   At 07.05 I shot the sixth but by then the thought of a couple of large mugs of freshly brewed coffee was too great an influence and I climbed down.  Put anothe bucket of maize as I am sure there will be others.  Set a trail cam on it as well.

Soooo adding the 20redleg failed to tally(I will excuse him after such an impressive job done)  plus my 6 that makes

001.jpg

007.jpg

27 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

:sad1: I missed one this morning....twice!!!  22RF at 65yrds...no excuses.   Sunday morning I will have the 17HMR and will have it's mate as well.

You hadn’t been on the sauce with Ditchy the night before had you 🥳

Twice at 65yd’s 😩

Edited by Pigeon Shredder.

Nice cuddly picture of baby tree rats on the BBC news forum today, tails all tangled together, untangled by a vet and passed onto a pet sanctury that everdently has a license allowing them to release them back into the wild when their ready.

Didn't know anyone could release them after time in captivity.

Stockton on Tees area by all accounts.

2 hours ago, Pigeon Shredder. said:

Nice cuddly picture of baby tree rats on the BBC news forum today, tails all tangled together, untangled by a vet and passed onto a pet sanctury that everdently has a license allowing them to release them back into the wild when their ready.

Didn't know anyone could release them after time in captivity.

Stockton on Tees area by all accounts.

Urban squirrels in London are also licensed by NE to release injured greys - hopefully not for long!

One more trapped today, same wood.

Total 751