How many Grey Squirrels are killed in 2019

steve_b_wales

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just two this morning with the 17HMR. One flipped over on impact but still managed to climb about 10ft up the tree before expiring. You have to admit these little monsters are toughies.

Shot was spot on ribs.  Amazing.  As said, glad they don't grow a big as labradors ..or even springers for that matter.

Am I noticing a lower total from last year ?  Are we having an effect?

Another 3 trapped today, that’s 9 greys in 4 days with 3 traps. It’s only a small wood which I shot regularly until a month ago. The feeder must be pulling them in from elsewhere. 

Otherwise, we are well down on numbers for the last couple of months.

Total 774

Just a single male today.

I can’t check my traps for a few days, so I have filled up the feeder and will reset the traps again next week.

From memory last June was a good month, catching them everywhere not just a single wood.

Total 792.

Just one this morning. I turned out at 6am which is when the camera showed them on the feed but it just peeed down that fine soaking rain and I withdrew.  11am sun came out so I went back. Sat in the high seat and 1 hour later this one came sneaking in through the grass and the 17HMR did the deed. Gave it another hour but the second one didn't show.

Edited by Walker570

and another tried out one of my traps as well. I did say an influx. My wife was dancing up and down, high fiving and thumbs up, so I had to go and fetch the air rifle and do the deed and she could take it back to the house for me as I was busy cutting grass.  4 this week, excellent and all big 'dogs'.