steve_b_wales

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Walker570 said:

errrrr??? 976 plus 4 equals ????????

yep...980  

Well done anyway, they are certainly on the move and as the old saying goes...keep whacking and stacking:good:

Well spotted - , just checking you are all awake!👍

Theres 3 of us in the village, all of us starting to catch larger numbers, but nothing like last June (but there is still time), they are nearly all adults. You do wonder a) why are they easier to catch in June and b) where have they been hiding for last 6 months? Since we all trap all the year round.

Anyway, 2 more trapped today

Total 983

Edited by Sciurus
Spelling

....and another this afternoon when it stopped raining. It got so cold in the high seat I gave it till 5pm and then walked across to the baited area and darn it off skipped a second one. No problem it will be there in the morning.

Yep, something about June, checked my diary for last year and the same influx

Edited by Walker570

17 hours ago, Sciurus said:

Well spotted - , just checking you are all awake!👍

Theres 3 of us in the village, all of us starting to catch larger numbers, but nothing like last June (but there is still time), they are nearly all adults. You do wonder a) why are they easier to catch in June and b) where have they been hiding for last 6 months? Since we all trap all the year round.

Anyway, 2 more trapped today

Total 983

Diet or dating 😉 would be my guess!

hope you've had enough rain now!!

10 hours ago, Fisheruk said:

9852-C958-BE30-45-C2-BC19-9-D6-E8-B7-AA3

Another 4 off a feeder this morning, only 3 recovered because a fox knicked the first one at 6.45am, while I was still in the hide😳

David, I am guessing you aren’t allowed to shoot foxes on the reserve?

Only one today, a male following yesterday’s female into the trap. 

I ventured out this morning as it had stopped raining ...yes it had..... it was still damp and horrible but I needed to check some cameras so took the HMR and sure enough one came tootling down the tree ..... didn't go back up:rolleyes:.  It then started to mizzle with rain so back for a nice coffee.   Add one more  and two towards my five for this week.

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 19:57, Sciurus said:

We haven’t had any rain to speak of in the Lakes!

Just another single today.

Are you winding me up? We played 3 games at Ambleside two weeks back it never stopped raining and had lots lately in Ulverston, strange how your not getting rain??

But theres rain and then Lake District rain. My experience of Lake District rain we in the Midlands would call a cloud burst.  The last time it was like being hit by a wall of water.

A wonder your squirrels don't have flippers:lol:

Edited by Walker570

It

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

Are you winding me up? We played 3 games at Ambleside two weeks back it never stopped raining and had lots lately in Ulverston, strange how your not getting rain??

It did drizzle all day two weeks ago (Thursday) and there might have been the odd shower since, but despite all the bad weather warnings on tv this week and 2 months of rain falling in the Midlands, we had nothing - I was in shorts and T shirt at Newby Bridge on Monday, a bit of wind on Tuesday and Wednesday and  today 10 minutes of drizzle around 4pm, the patio was barely damp!

The weather does vary significantly valley to valley. Certainly Ambleside would get more rain and snow than Windermere 4 miles away.. I can only guess Ulverston and Barrow caught the edge of the bad weather being close to the coast.

Nev, The greys here don’t have flippers - they stay in bed! They have to be pretty hungry to go out in the rain. The reds don’t seem to mind the rain or snow.

After all that, I caught nowt today!