How many Grey Squirrels are killed in 2019

steve_b_wales

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are we averaging out this year?   Doing better or should we try harder?  I know at the moment I'm on a high at 6.28 per week which if continued would give me over 300 come the year end but cannot see that continuing even with some new locals coming on song. 

On 22/06/2019 at 14:46, Walker570 said:

Brilliant, wish we had some reds down here but not in my lifetime I'm afraid if ever. 

Wishful, I'm afraid.Most seem to celebrate by feeding the greys?

We just have to keep on, keeping on.

Out again tomorrow.

Bit disappointed as I was expecting more but managed ten today and eight of those from a pheasant feeder where I shot 17 a week ago.  They just had not found the flip top yet which I had set in the next wood..  Put another flip top in another wood on the ground so hopefully more to come.  Puts me on 6.5 a week and still four days to go in this one.:yes:

Edited by Walker570

On 22/06/2019 at 21:52, Walker570 said:

How are we averaging out this year?   Doing better or should we try harder?  I know at the moment I'm on a high at 6.28 per week which if continued would give me over 300 come the year end but cannot see that continuing even with some new locals coming on song. 

This is my best month ever. 48 so far in June, (aided by quite a few households with loan traps) , however I have had some bad months this year and am totalling 110 for the year. I am expecting July and August  to be quiet, so it’s unlikely I will hit my target of 200 this year, but I will certainly try.

Only 2 today