How many Grey Squirrels are killed in 2019

steve_b_wales

Like that target holder. Good idea and I might just pinch that idea.  Nice result  I often find a rush of customers, then it goes all quiet.

I had just one this morning, but I have shot a lot off that spot. Two came and I am pretty certain the second one has a 17HMR scratch down one side as it jumped to one side and then very slowly crawled back up the tree but I didn't have a carcase so cannot count it.

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Like that target holder. Good idea and I might just pinch that idea.  Nice result  I often find a rush of customers, then it goes all quiet.

I had just one this morning, but I have shot a lot off that spot. Two came and I am pretty certain the second one has a 17HMR scratch down one side as it jumped to one side and then very slowly crawled back up the tree but I didn't have a carcase so cannot count it.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail comes to mind, a scratch 😂.

4 today very early in the morning before 7am but then it got hotter and hotter and almost everything took cover.  Stuck it out till 1.30pm and the humidity and heat was not pleasant so set off home.  Disappointed because one of the flip tops in a new wood had almost been cleaned out, but didn't get to that till late morning.  Next week maybe.

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

I have withdrawl symptoms...haven't killed one for 7 days

Could well be there arnt any left to shoot on your patch :lol: , tell yer what , jump in your motor and come down and have a yarn with the Cantley Craft man ( Ditchman ) , after you two have sorted the world out over a bottle of the finest Red wine you will be back to yer ole self and raring to go again :good:.

5 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Could well be there arnt any left to shoot on your patch  , tell yer what , jump in your motor and come down and have a yarn with the Cantley Craft man ( Ditchman ) , after you two have sorted the world out over a bottle of the finest Red wine you will be back to yer ole self and raring to go again :good:.

If I was half the distance I am I would do just that AND provide the sustenance.  I have a little outing planned for Saturday morning if it keeps dry which may solve the problem as I have not ben there for a month.

31 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I'll bet you've shot something??

One very unfortunate fox just wandered into the crosshairs.

One yesterday after a 3 hour wait at the feeder and one this morning after a two hour wait. This one today was a very cagey large male with huge nuts. He took 2-3 minutes to come down the pine tree, stopping every couple of feet and checking all around at every stage. Eventually he settled down for his last meal.

https://ibb.co/z6WdqsL
https://ibb.co/KVTTSwQ

C489-DE3-A-A873-43-C4-957-F-CDFCCDF92-E8

A6-F199-AF-BBF4-426-B-BF33-42751785-FB3-

Edited by Fisheruk