How many Grey Squirrels are killed in 2019

steve_b_wales

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out hail and rain again this morning and shot one off a feeder with the .22lr. It had insisted in sitting on the lid to eat the nuts. Unfortunately the bullet went through the squirrel and severed the stainless steel strap I use to secure the feeder to the tree. Good job I carry a supply of spares with me. Anyway this female won’t be breeding this year.

706-DA02-D-32-DB-477-F-B10-F-38-DC7-B806

Edited by Fisheruk

Just put up my peanut feeder this last week but Squirrels not interested yet. They may need another week or so as it took a week or two to get going last year, but did see a couple passing over and under it.

Got 31 off it last year which is good for me.

Got one at ninety yards with the .22lr off quad sticks, scratching about  in the field  not far from it today though.

Total 1759.

20 hours ago, Walker570 said:

16 days to log 13 tree rats to make it 300 for this year so I am going to be a bit busy in the next few days.  I did say an avverage of 5 a week and I am on 5.7 at the moment but 300 would be briliant.

I've no doubt you'll hit the 300, every faith in you.

On 15/12/2019 at 15:25, Walker570 said:

16 days to log 13 tree rats to make it 300 for this year so I am going to be a bit busy in the next few days.  I did say an avverage of 5 a week and I am on 5.7 at the moment but 300 would be briliant.

Walker, You’ll easily make it after today’s efforts, Congratulations!

I will have to add up my total but I am well short of my target of 200.

The snow here melted overnight and I thought I might get a few hungry greys this morning but they were very scarce and I only shot one, however this afternoon to my surprise I had caught two at different houses .

Total 1770

YES!!!!!!!!   300         had four more this morning on another pheasant feeder. They really are starting to look for food. I am now going to try and get 12 more before 1st Jan which would put me on a 6 a week average for the year.  Question is, where do I go from here:hmm:Must sort some new woodland to cover.

Walker -Congratulations! What will next years target be?

I also sent Gavin over 50 tails- (he suddenly acquired a lot of fly tieing friends)!

375C8602-B674-4C51-A3D9-130507799D1C.jpeg.7b38adda1ffc6a5f789e1aa57870d001.jpeg

Went out double handed today plus Suzy the retrieving whippet. The weather was perfect, we shot eight and twice spotted the same Red, which wasn’t at all bothered by the shooting. Also shot one yesterday 

Total 1784

9 hours ago, Walker570 said:

YES!!!!!!!!   300         had four more this morning on another pheasant feeder. They really are starting to look for food. I am now going to try and get 12 more before 1st Jan which would put me on a 6 a week average for the year.  Question is, where do I go from hereMust sort some new woodland to cover.

Well done Walker,  if you get more woodland your going to need more days in the week 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

10 hours ago, Walker570 said:

YES!!!!!!!!   300         had four more this morning on another pheasant feeder. They really are starting to look for food. I am now going to try and get 12 more before 1st Jan which would put me on a 6 a week average for the year.  Question is, where do I go from hereMust sort some new woodland to cover.

:good:Excellent result and well done on a great effort. Trouble with numbers they play on your mind to do more but by any measure that is a great result.