How many Grey Squirrels are killed in 2019

steve_b_wales

10 hours ago, Walker570 said:

YES!!!!!!!!   300         had four more this morning on another pheasant feeder. They really are starting to look for food. I am now going to try and get 12 more before 1st Jan which would put me on a 6 a week average for the year.  Question is, where do I go from hereMust sort some new woodland to cover.

Congratulations, well done. Now can we get the group total over 2000. Let’s hope RS Jerry gets his total on and the Cumbrian crowd to add their numbers. And for the rest of us come on folk let’s have a final push and get a few more.

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went out this morning, it was raining. Topped up the feeders and it was still very dark. Sat and watched a squirrel building a drey at the top of a mature Scots pine for 30 minutes. Eventually it decided to come down for its final meal. One less mature female to breed.

Edited by Fisheruk

aannnnnnnd another three this afternoon on a different pheasant feeder.  They really are looking for food now as the flip top by the feeder was empty, only filled about four days ago.

1839                                                                                 one more for six a week for the year personally.

This morning was abit of a disappointment. The weather was miserable and despite the Estate being closed forChristmas, there were a few dog walkers in the wood disturbing our shooting.

In the end, we only shot 5 adults and they were hard to get! They all just hid in the ivy covered trees and were hard to identify and spot with the binos after being located by the thermal. 

Have an enjoyable Christmas.

Total 1881