How many Grey Squirrels are killed in 2019

steve_b_wales

21 hours ago, Mice! said:

I was supposed to be on a bike ride this evening, which means scouting patches of woodland, well this evening I was in a beautiful spot of mixed woodland under a beech with bits falling everywhere!! Their on the Beech already.

I think you are right, there is a tremendous amount of Beech mast about everywhere. Probably more than usual.- Shotgun time!

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Sciurus said:

I think you are right, there is a tremendous amount of Beech mast about everywhere. Probably more than usual.- Shotgun time!

And the hazel is full of cob nuts, they won't be bothering with feeders soon.

Took the . 410 out this morning, the 3 feeders had hardly been touched and showed no signs of heat with the thermal.  Shot one up in the crook of an oak. Sat by a feeder for an hour, just as a grey came down the tree,  my b phone rang and frightened it off.grrr

Settled down to ambush a grey coming for his dinner on the feeder, long wait, took 1 1/4 hours before one turned up.

Another 1 /1/4 hours hours later, nothing, so stood up to get the gear together and frightned one off that had crept up behind the tree.🤬

7 yesterday off the peanut feeder.

I arrived in the wood at 12:00 (after a few hours of heavy rain) shot them all in the first two hours & saw nothing else for the next 4 hours

Total 1344

20 July 2019

Edited by AndyCM