Your choice light upland gun

islandgun

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, islandgun said:

Its an Armsan and ive used it to some success, I bought it for my wife and teenage daughter because it has a short stock and  no discernible recoil, yesterdays walk involved perhaps 2+ miles of walk before i head off into the hill and im happy to use the sling and leave the gun unloaded. Im assuming that it would be quite easy to make a lightweight removable sling that would slip over the barrels and stock of a conventional shotgun.. Im thinking that a gun between 5 1/2 and 6 1/4 lbs would be a nice weight, suited to about 25g load, this would be usable in all bores from 28-20-16-12 g.. It would also be nice to have an acceptable gun if i ever had a day on game or pigeon down south. at present i have a T Wild 3" chamber "wildfowler" that weighs nearly 8lb and a Fabarm 12g semi i use with steel.. At the moment Im favouring the Macnab 20g or similar as an all rounder.. heres a picture of the 28g from another thread

1307046698_DSCN23981.JPG.d43d54ce45783ad5c930df95536f6e53.JPG.f9d430a9d1f1917a87f3ab8bca8d2e8e.JPG

😍 A brace of woodcock!

I've been looking at those very guns. I suggested that I buy one for my wife (as she dislikes the recoil of her 20 bore ) and received only a raised eyebrow. Rumbled. They do seem to have extraordinary wood for a cheaper gun. Are they based on a beretta 300 series?  

2 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

What’s so good about these Macnab shotguns then? 🤔

I dont know how good they are tbh made by Rizzini. the one im looking has the right LOP, weight and barrel length, looks nice, and i think will fit the bill for a decent general purpose shotgun.. living up here makes it difficult to try before you buy and i reckon if the comb or cast is out i could have an adjustable one fitted [ my fabarm has an adjustable comb and that fits well] if you ever get up this way you can have a try of it

181017122245001-4-680x410-c.jpg.3214c239c51f9ece85007e65136c920d.jpg181017122245001-2-680x410-c.jpg.aec2118dd60a4d104b8a3527730c83fd.jpg

52 minutes ago, theshootist said:

😍 A brace of woodcock!

I've been looking at those very guns. I suggested that I buy one for my wife (as she dislikes the recoil of her 20 bore ) and received only a raised eyebrow. Rumbled. They do seem to have extraordinary wood for a cheaper gun. Are they based on a beretta 300 series?  

It seems to be a really nice gun, well balanced, with very little recoil I use 24g home loads, although with a removable butt pad due to the short stock, one thing is, that it doesn't like Hull cartridges. the wood is excellent , but i dont know of any connection to Beretta ..Im sure your wife will love it..😉  

edit to say that the composite version has two stocks short and adult

Edited by islandgun

2 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

What’s so good about these Macnab shotguns then? 🤔

They are really well made by B.Rizzini, the best of the Rizzini clan, handle well and the solid top rib, POW type stock, 29 inch barrels sets them off a treat. Also the same gun, branded as a B.Rizzini is double the price of a Macnab. What's not to like.

OB