INCREASED RAIL FARES!

pinfireman

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, Penelope said:

50 odd miles and an hour and 45 minutes each way with no traffic. Plus the added potential danger of riding a bike. Every bike rider I know has come off or been involved in an accident at some point, some got away with scratches and bruises, others, not so lucky. Enough to keep me away from them.

As always, it's a choice.

I came off only 3 times when commuting, with minor damage to myself.

On 07/01/2019 at 12:07, moondoggy said:

What about the increased risk on public transport these days, such as being stabbed or bombed. The bike seems more attractive to me.

Absolutely correct.   We have Laws saying that you must have seat belts in our cars and we must wear Safety helmets when riding a motor bike. yet the rail companies can pack hundreds of people onto trains with lots of them standing  without safety aids and restraints even when some of these trains are doing well over 125 mies per hour and the Law allows them to get away with it, and these same passengers pay thousands of pounds for the so called privilege. Plain madness.

1 hour ago, krugerandsmith said:

Absolutely correct.   We have Laws saying that you must have seat belts in our cars and we must wear Safety helmets when riding a motor bike. yet the rail companies can pack hundreds of people onto trains with lots of them standing  without safety aids and restraints even when some of these trains are doing well over 125 mies per hour and the Law allows them to get away with it, and these same passengers pay thousands of pounds for the so called privilege. Plain madness.

Should have said  .... TRAIN MADNESS!

3 hours ago, krugerandsmith said:

.....rail companies can pack hundreds of people onto trains with lots of them standing  without safety aids and restraints even when some of these trains are doing well over 125 mies per hour and the Law allows them to get away with it.....

..…and at the station, people crowded onto a platform, vertical drop (sometimes with a 750 volt “third rail” at the bottom), no guard fence of any kind, fast-moving machinery passing only  a few inches away ….

Could you get away with that in a factory, or any other sort of business premises?

1 hour ago, McSpredder said:

Could you get away with that in a factory, or any other sort of business premises?

Yes, Coach stations and Bus Stops spring to mind instantly. It seems all public transport with the exception of Aircraft don`t have safety laws anything like private transport does.