Oil central heating cost

countryman

Worth looking at LPG but compare prices.  If you go the way of oil then check out YOBCO, they provide my oil and always have the best rate.   They started as a syndicate in a small village who plied around the oil companies for the best rate and ordered accordingly, they have spread out now a considerable distance.  Been with them almost since their starting up.

36 minutes ago, ph5172 said:

I have seen a few houses who use the big flo gas 47kg cylinders and a braided hose from the skin of the property the couple I saw seemed to be normal domestic type combi boilers 

I'm living in a static at the moment. That has lpg central heating running off the 47kg bottles, nice and warm but using a bottle a fortnight and paying £65 a bottle for Calor. Usual supplier was shut and nearest alternative stated the asking price at £105!!! Didn't pay that but was still £20 more than usual.

The boiler would run a house and I bought an identical boiler for spares that had come out of a house. I would buy an oil boiler if I was doing it.

Sorry, can't advise on prices but new boilers are very dear, I would consider a used boiler and a used tank. 

We have LPG at our house. it is a 3 bedroom semi detatched and we roughly use 1 47Kg bottle a month. More in the winter less in the summer as you would expect. We have 4 bottle in the back garden connected as 2 and 2 which a switch over manifold. We pay £66 a cylinder from Flo Gas. You have to have the boiler or cooker altered to suit LPG as it runs slightly different to natural gas. Its a simple job of jet size change.

I have not had oil for about 10 years but the monthly cost doesn't seem much different spread over a year

28 minutes ago, Swinton said:

What about a aga with back boiler for central heating .you can get them to burn wood / coal /gas .will work out cheaper in the long run 

AgAs are very expensive to run - and you can't get a wood fired one (unless things have changed).  You used to be able to get solid fuel ones (reformed coal), but those are no longer available.  I had a mains gas AgA, but it was very expensive to run, costing approx £15 a week (2 oven version, no central heating).  Oil are stated to use about 40 litres a week - again with no central heating).

http://www.tncook.co.uk/AGA_running_costs.html

Edited by JohnfromUK

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 13:06, countryman said:

Hi

just looking for a rough guide price to supply and install oil central heating. The building is single story mainly all timber with electric heating at present. I will need 5 rads, boiler, oil tank plus pipe work etc. The pipes could just run around the skirting.

Thanks

Houndsfield boilers,lion barn ind est ,needham market make really good oil boilers and at good prices all with 5 year warranty,then you need bunded oil tank and an oftec installer,if you look on their website for an installer in your area or call them direct.