A few syndicate pheasant days

Big Al

A few small syndicate pheasant days in this one. 

The pheasant days have been great for Bear, the yellow lab. He wouldn't pick up feathers until he was 18 months old. On boxing day, at 20 months, he picked up his first pheasant.  Then on New Years Day he was retrieving well and even picked up a runner.

He has definitely turned a corner.

Well done Bear.. mind you he has a good mentor. One or two good birds there as well. You can't beat a walk around with the dogs at Christmas time , espescially in those wild surroundings. (Must do a bit of editing of my Gopro footage soon ,I've got a bit lazy). Happy new year to you all over there.

14 hours ago, prem1234 said:

Nice Video Big Al......the first cock bird you got looked like a great shot !! It's always nice seeing the dogs working well 👍

Cheers - I was surprised to connect with that bird. It was a long way out.

2 hours ago, rapid .25 said:

Well done bud, there'll be no stopping him now 👍

I hope you're right! Lots of training in the closed season should fix his manners too.

50 minutes ago, pbutd said:

Well done Bear.. mind you he has a good mentor. One or two good birds there as well. You can't beat a walk around with the dogs at Christmas time , espescially in those wild surroundings. (Must do a bit of editing of my Gopro footage soon ,I've got a bit lazy). Happy new year to you all over there.

Cheers again.  I'd love to see some of your footage. It does take a while to edit though!

23 hours ago, islandgun said:

Great stuff, Good to see Bear come good, I remember one of your post's about him not picking up cold game, there will be no stopping him now..:good:

Thanks islandgun. He picked up his first pheasant on Boxing Day and had progressed to runners by New Years Day. I still have to try him on the ducks, but he's a fine swimmer.

With pheasant days every Saturday from now until the end of the season I may not find out yet! It's as good an excuse as any to fit on a sneaky duck flight.

3 hours ago, Cranfield said:

Thanks for posting, that was a most enjoyable watch.
Some good shooting and its always nice to see the dogs.
You are fortunate to have two to be proud of.

Thanks Cranfield. I'm very relieved that Bear is starting to "click".

A long way to go for him still ,but he's finally pointing in the right direction.