A1 tall camo bucket seats

Tford

Hi all,

A1 are out of stock of the above - but whilst waiting for restocking, do any of you use these and do they last. Up until now I’ve had the luxury of a council newspaper recycling box so a padded rotating seat appears flash to me. I’m mainly interested due to their ability to double as tubs for my kit (x2)

thanks trevor

had one for xmas, make sure the base is flat, otherwise you have a rocking chair, like it compared to standing, I wonder as it gets colder if the plastic will become brittle, the seat has a plastic pull loop to take the lid off, could see if you don't use it and pull on the padded seat could cause a problem, at the moment glad I have it.saves my back.

• 1 month later...

A bit late but here goes with what are intended as helpful comments, they may have resolved some of the problems by now:

I bought one two or three years ago and still use it, although it has needed some maintenance during this time. First the rotary "bearing" on the seat gave up the ghost quite quickly (I'm 15 stone,) so I screwed the seat directly to the plastic bucket lid, it's still OK but doesn't rotate any more, not a big problem.

The lid was really difficult to remove from the bucket. Upon examination you can see how the lid clips on, I removed some of the plastic "bumps" with a sharp blade which resolved the problem.

The plastic handle on the lid broke quite early on so I made a new handle by drilling two holes in the plastic lid, pushed a short piece of rope through the two holes and knotted it on the inside in two places, a good fix, better than the original because the rope is thicker than the nasty thin plastic!

What else? they still aren't really tall enough for those with dodgy knees, a friend who has one dropped the bottom of his into a plastic bait bucket which extended it by about four inches - a really good tip if you can find a bucket to fit. It adds a bit of weight but is worth it for the comfort.

As the polystyrene "cushion" settles under your weight you become aware of the pointy ends of staples sticking in your a*se, these can be cut off with wire cutters.

I'm not painting a pretty picture but I like mine, it's a favourite piece of kit,  I use it every weekend and would buy another.

I found with the one I had,leveling for comfort a problem especially near some ditch edges , I made a couple of broad timber wedges up to 25 mm height and covered the top of them in a non slip matting on the bucket side, saves weight over carrying a spade or kicking two happeth out of hard ground to get the bucket level.