Sign in to follow this  
kingsy18

freelander 2

Thinking of getting a freelander 2 thought i,d ask for a few opinions before i go and buy one,found a 13 plate with 23000 on clock with tow hitch,only thing bugging me is the low mileage if its got a dpf  as they can clog up.Any advice.

My dads got one same year - had literally no problems with it at all. Apparently the most reliable vehicle land rover ever made. He's probably done 50-60k in it and its at around 100,000 miles atm. Only known common failure (that I know of) is the haldex unit. His tows a 1600kg caravan to south of france every year. I have the earlier FL1 that's just hit 100k and I wish it was as reliable as the FL2!

Had mine 8 year's apart from maintenance its only cost £50 in failed parts, the Haldex unit is fitted in other car's, I had my oil and filter changed just as a precaution. 

Had mine 4 years, only thing thats gone is Bluetooth and eco(stop start) mode dont work. Eco im not fussed by, Bluetooth just means I dont make calls in the car, which isn't a big deal either