Can anybody give advice

Jim’s

13 minutes ago, dprice8893 said:

Months seems a long time when besides a home visit, it's only computer checks.

It's even worse when you're just waiting for an indefinite length of time. Weeks become months become years...

• 1 month later...

Not sure on your area but Essex police took 10 weeks total from form submission to sgc on my door matt. One thing to take into account is renewals and variations get bumped ahead of new application’s  (with Essex police at least) I think the advice already given is spot on either just wait it out or give them a quick call,

another thing you could check is if the payment has left your account, they generally only take the payment as they are doing the issuing 

15 minutes ago, Spr1985 said:

Not sure on your area but Essex police took 10 weeks total from form submission to sgc on my door matt. One thing to take into account is renewals and variations get bumped ahead of new application’s  (with Essex police at least) I think the advice already given is spot on either just wait it out or give them a quick call,

another thing you could check is if the payment has left your account, they generally only take the payment as they are doing the issuing 

My missus applied for her Sgc under essex about 6 months or so ago and it was turned around in just over 3 weeks, funny how it varies 

22 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

My missus applied for her Sgc under essex about 6 months or so ago and it was turned around in just over 3 weeks, funny how it varies 

I think it probably varies on the feo’s Work load as well then, I’ll assume that you are fac or sgc too....could that assist in the quick turn around? 

I was pre warned when applying that Essex where notoriously bad for there firearms department, a friend of mine that lives in Basildon waited bang on one year for his! He applied two years ago though, and from speaking to the firearms department they where doing everything they could to bring times down. 

1 minute ago, Spr1985 said:

I think it probably varies on the feo’s Work load as well then, I’ll assume that you are fac or sgc too....could that assist in the quick turn around? 

I was pre warned when applying that Essex where notoriously bad for there firearms department, a friend of mine that lives in Basildon waited bang on one year for his! He applied two years ago though, and from speaking to the firearms department they where doing everything they could to bring times down. 

I have but I'm under Suffolk, got mine about 18 months ago and it turned up on the Friday of the 4th week. 

I did say to her don't expect it any time soon when she sent it but we were both surprised. A year is a ridiculously long wait, maybe its intended to put people off.