son of abu hamza

guzzicat

This piece of vermin, currently being questioned over the death of a doorman, is also charged with posession of a firearm with intent to endanger life & while under a lifetime posession ban.Douptless he will claim he carried a gun for protection due to his parentage, some legal shyster will make all sorts of claims & he will get off with a slapped wrist. I will watch the outcome of this, & I bet the harshest sentence will NOT be handed down

Hopefully he will be deported (but I suspect he may be a UK citizen?). 

1 hour ago, guzzicat said:

Doubtless he will claim he carried a gun for protection due to his parentage

This is NOT a legal defence.  There is no 'flexibility' to carry a gun for protection as far as I am aware.  You are not allowed to arm yourself (in any way or with any thing) to protect yourself, though bizarrely you may use 'reasonable force' in self defence.

Presumably this means waving the white handkerchief?  Maybe it won't be long before we see the carrying of handkerchiefs banned if I suggest that!

1 minute ago, JohnfromUK said:

This is NOT a legal defence.  There is no 'flexibility' to carry a gun for protection as far as I am aware.  You are not allowed to arm yourself (in any way or with any thing) to protect yourself, though bizarrely you may use 'reasonable force' in self defence.

Presumably this means waving the white handkerchief?  Maybe it won't be long before we see the carrying of handkerchiefs banned if I suggest that!

Of course it is not a legal defence,(He had a lifetime ban anyway)but his defence team will try any method to lessen his sentence, (that is their job) just like the "mental health problems "cited to stop the hacker who got into USA computers being extradited there for trial.

Just now, guzzicat said:

that is their job

That is of course correct, and as someone else has pointed out both prosecution and defence are likely to be paid for from public funds.  However, in summing up - a half decent judge should explain the letter of the law to the jury - who should 'find' according to the evidence.  They only give a guilty/not guilty verdict.  As I understand it - any pleas for sentence severity take place only after the verdict ........ but I may be wrong on that.

The sentence passed (in the case of a guilty verdict) would be up to the judge operating within the guidelines for that particular offence.

16 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

You are not allowed to arm yourself (in any way or with any thing) to protect yourself,

Someone should tell the judge that, that let a Frenchman walk free for carrying a knife because he feared for his safety after Brexit, an illegal knife either obtained illegally or imported illegally.

Edited by Newbie to this

37 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

You forgot turning the other cheek so the tears of fear are hidden?

22 minutes ago, Scully said:

Do we know if it was a real firearm? I’m just wondering why someone armed with a firearm would allegedly stab someone to death? 

I cant confirm it via links ect, but a friend of mine who works in security, said that the intention of the 'gatecrashers' appears to have been to rob the party goers, who were all from the more wealthy end of the scale.
Apparently many of them were armed for this purpose.
Hamzas son was not directly involved with the stabbing, but was present, from what Ive read.

29 minutes ago, Scully said:

Do we know if it was a real firearm? I’m just wondering why someone armed with a firearm would allegedly stab someone to death? 

I don,t think he wielded the knife,3 of the gang had attacked a doorman, he had crowned one of them, then the   doorman who died  had gone to his aid & been stabbed, the gang had all been refused entry.

Edited by guzzicat

1 hour ago, norfolk dumpling said:

I found the brief mention of 'firearm' rather odd. Normally the police are more specific in 'handgun and ammunition.....' so I'm wondering if it was only an imitation. In those circumstances it would be an offence but the law do seem to be applying it down a little.

Or is it the old "must not upset the ethnic minorities by accusing them of flouting the law" despite being caught red handed .  Had it been a white Caucasian who was  even vaguely right wing it would be being headlined daily.