Munties just love apples as can be seen by this young buck attempting to get a large Bramley down.  The trail cam had a constant trail of animals including an 'VEGAN' fox.

004.JPG

003.JPG

051.JPG

ooops missed the VEGAN fox

033.JPG

Foxes are omnivores and can consume a large amount of vegatable matter. They do have a liking for sugar beet among other things, anything sweet is a favourite.

On the night time picture I can see what look like eye reflection in the background, or is it something else?

garden lights at a nearby house old'un.

The muntie in the picture is now hanging in my workshop maturing.

5 hours ago, scolopax said:

Foxes are omnivores and can consume a large amount of vegatable matter. They do have a liking for sugar beet among other things, anything sweet is a favourite.

Yes,  I know.  Watched one walk along a ride one morning when stalking and it was sniffing and picking the ripest blackberries being very selective. Lucky fox because told not to shoot them on that estate.

great pics. i was hitting a decent amount of foxes before christmas from a small orchard. most evenings we tried we would pick up a fox feeding in the thermal.

been taking roe off a orchard in the last 2 weeks seems to be a magnet for them at the minute

11 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

great pics. i was hitting a decent amount of foxes before christmas from a small orchard. most evenings we tried we would pick up a fox feeding in the thermal.

been taking roe off a orchard in the last 2 weeks seems to be a magnet for them at the minute

Yes, there are a lot of very ripe fallings from late varieties. Mine where some bramleys out of our orchard and we baked a couple of big ones and they where delicious, so sweet.

Just looked at those 'eyes' in the fox picture.   If they were animal eyes then I am giving up that piece of ground !!!!  Bit too far apart for my liking.

8 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Just looked at those 'eyes' in the fox picture.   If they were animal eyes then I am giving up that piece of ground !!!!  Bit too far apart for my liking.

😬😬😬🤣🤣🤣

A fair margin for error in shot placement tho! 😇

12 hours ago, Walker570 said:

1 minute ago, panoma1 said:

A fair margin for error in shot placement tho! 😇

:lol:

I shoot a number of orchards and they can be a magnet for the deer, mainly roe and muntjac,  just having small blocks surrounded by open ground which I can't shoot, makes getting them difficult sometimes!

Seeing two or three big fallow bucks totally out of their heads on fermenting apples is the funniest sight you'll ever see.

On 04/01/2019 at 14:01, old'un said:

On the night time picture I can see what look like eye reflection in the background, or is it something else?

If it were eye shine then it held pretty steady for 3 1/2 hours.🤔