Fx impact .22 fac

Cm76

Hi guys sorry if this has been covered before. Recently purchased the above gun and it appears to have a leaking seal as over a couple of days it loses most of the air. Question is have any of you worked on these guns before if so what are they like it doesn’t appear to bad looking on YouTube but them guys can no doubt do it with their eyes closed or should I send it to an expert. Cheers for any advice. 

hello, as above if you purchased new it should have a warranty, if you purchased S/H from a private source that is a different matter but they a quite new to the market, you could get back to the seller and see what they say, failing that contact Simon the gunsmith at ASI, good luck   

So the fx impact was known to have leeking issues (to the point where black pool air guns  stopped stocking,them ) 

Thats a big thing . 

The newer ones are supposed to be better but this is only over the last 6 months in the uk .

You could send back to asi or a company like airfective .

My money would go with asi (just ) 

The fx wildcat is simpler and leaks a lot less .

Personally i wouldnt mess about inside the impact (and im fine stripping pcps and tuning them ) 

Give Tony a ring at A-S-I  great bloke to deal with , I have dealt with him many a time and always been very good 

Some one I know sent his impact to airfective ,away for a few weeks and cost a few hundred notes but came back leaking 

The impact is a very easy gun to work on so you could do it yourself but on this occasion send it of for a full  service  

On 04/01/2019 at 15:01, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, as above if you purchased new it should have a warranty, if you purchased S/H from a private source that is a different matter but they a quite new to the market, you could get back to the seller and see what they say, failing that contact Simon the gunsmith at ASI, good luck   

hello, i sent my old FX vermy back to ASI for a service and come back good for many more years shooting