Pigeon breast suggestions please

Tford

Never cooked pigeon before (I know that’s probably a crime for a PW member!)... 

Anyway I’m looking a simple but great dinner recipe for pigeon breast, especially for the Mrs who can only think ‘feral pigeon’ when I suggest it!!

looking forwards to suggestions!

thanks

trevor

The world's your oyster with breasted pigeon. 

To save typing, Google warm pigeon salad, always good and easy. French bread and a bottle of something goes well. 

Moroccan pigeon pie is very easy and quite bizarre in flavour with sweet, savoury and spicy all in one. 

You can make a simple stir fry with it also, black bean sauce works ok. 

Mince up with pork fat and make burgers. 

My favourite is fried with bacon lardons and black pudding in a warm salad. The over riding key is DO NOT OVERCOOK IT or it's tough as old boots and about as appealing. You want it pink but not bloody, 2 mins either side in a very hot pan as a maximum, nearer 1.30mins and rested in a warm place.

Slice pigeon breasts thinly, dip in seasoned flour, fry with strips of peppers and onion.

Add a good dollop of chilli dipping sauce to the pan and fry for a little longer.

Take a tortilla wrap and spread with creme fraiche, add a dollop of the pigeon mixture and wrap the tortilla up around it. 

Simple, quick, delicious and healthy.

Enjoy.

Edited by moondoggy
Addition

many years ago with little winkles breasted out a dozen pigeons showed them how to dice up and flash fry add spag bog sauce / pasta / etc mrs would no eat    kids asking for more gave them a piece of bread each to mop up afters and said     (to mrs they do not fight over your cooking love)  sometimes it pays to be quiet 🤣