Openreach trainee engineer

MBW

Have toyed with a career change and the trainee engineer jobs with openreach seem to tick all the boxes. However just wondered if there are any telecoms engineers on here who may have insider Knowledge, have heard mixed reports about what it is actually like to work for them 

Edited by MBW

12 hours ago, Deker said:

take a look at the glassdoor website to see what members of staff are saying

Do happy employees every go out of their way to praise their employer? I never do. 

The only people I could see bothering to do that are disgruntled employees... 

On 05/01/2019 at 19:50, The Mighty Prawn said:

Well you can’t leave it like that! You have a PM is very mysterious? It all went very secret squirrel in my mind, has he said too much already? Just how powerful is this “openreach” of which we must not speak?...

😂😂😂🙈🐿🐿🐿🐿.    Seeing this made me chuckle .... nearly right but im a sparky not a data lad 😂👍👍👍

Edited by secret-squirrel

On 04/01/2019 at 20:41, MBW said:

Have toyed with a career change and the trainee engineer jobs with openreach seem to tick all the boxes. However just wondered if there are any telecoms engineers on here who may have insider Knowledge, have heard mixed reports about what it is actually like to work for them 

I used to work for BT, the actual job was great but the plonkers in charge made a good job bad. The managers were graduates who had no hands on experience, you must do x amount jobs per day blah blah, so I got early retirement, happy.