Caesar Guerine

davewh100

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, figgy said:

Out of the 692 or Guerinis I'd buy a Guerini,never imagined that day would come but I think they're a better buy.

Too true  figgy  nice to see  a convert haha

Especially as he has the chance to buy a more expensive Guerini for the same price as the 692  ( 692 is a plain jane ) at £3500

A year or two later and the guerini will be worth more than the 692  There's a 692 on GT with nice wood fired 1000 carts at £1695 so it's lost half it's money

Compared to a 20g CG magnus used at £1850 which has lost about £450 from new price which is only the VAT content

VAT being only charged once on a gun When it is new

Beretta's for sale on GT =2782   compared to 541 CG's

Every CG i have sold on  i have made money on them so proves the point of second hand values The first new CG i bought was the magnus and i could sell that and not lose on it ( but i will not sell it )

Unless of course figgy makes me a nice ofer :lol:

11 hours ago, davewh100 said:

think if he could get a really nice dt10 he would be tempted but dont seem to be many about

I used to shoot a DT10 for quite some time and I’d never thought I’d change.

I swapped to a CG Summit Ascent a couple of years back and never regretted it.  

I finally sold the DT10  recently as it was just gathering dust. 

4 hours ago, timps said:

I used to shoot a DT10 for quite some time and I’d never thought I’d change.

I swapped to a CG Summit Ascent a couple of years back and never regretted it.  

I finally sold the DT10  recently as it was just gathering dust. 

@Smokersmith Is it really that good mate? I’ve been looking at DT10’s & DT11’s could be in the running for sure, but these CG’s just seem to be so much better priced compared to the competition? Out of the CG range what compares to the DT10 & DT11, also where would you place the comparison with say the 692 black? 

Edited by TK421

Difficult to say which CGs would compare with DT10/11 etc. Their respective product philosophy is somewhat different. There are CGs that carry a price tag around the DT11 level but they are higher grades of standard guns, whereas the DT11 is a significantly different and fundamentally more costly gun than the 68x/69x family.

It's just my opinion but the 692 Black seems hugely overpriced at about £600 more in the shops than the standard model which is hardly priced competitively itself. For that money or less you could have an M-Spec Invictus or one of about half a dozen different CGs with a choice of configurations and in many cases a sizeable wedge in change.

And that's without mentioning a raft of other choices from Miroku, Browning and Blaser.

How do you go about trying all these different guns without actually buying them? I mean I can go road test any car I want, even get one for a whole weekend, easy then to make a decision, whereas unless you shoot in a group with people who have different guns you can try, what’s the best way to go about finding and shooting with the right gun? 

Roger that, what’s the format? I was told to ask for Brian? Do I need to book in advance? Take own cartridges? Do they have some sort of range setup, if so what’s it like? I know lots of questions, but all new to me guys. Was also recommended premier guns for the same ?

30 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Yes they have a range - as to the other questions I am not sure except when I have shopped there the customer service was outstanding.

Do'nt think Malmo are dealing with Caesar Guerini They only have 10 second hand one's in

They're importers of Redolfi shotguns now  Dissapointing

4 hours ago, TK421 said:

@Smokersmith Is it really that good mate? I’ve been looking at DT10’s & DT11’s could be in the running for sure, but these CG’s just seem to be so much better priced compared to the competition? Out of the CG range what compares to the DT10 & DT11, also where would you place the comparison with say the 692 black? 

The Invictus handles really well to me. It also shoots REALLY smooth, and is one of the smoothest guns to shoot I've tried. Of course, it could be that it just suits me ... but when you shoot 75 straight skeet and 100 straight ABT then it's a difficult gun to part with !!

On 12/01/2019 at 13:41, TK421 said:

Is it really that good mate? I’ve been looking at DT10’s & DT11’s could be in the running for sure, but these CG’s just seem to be so much better priced compared to the competition? Out of the CG range what compares to the DT10 & DT11, also where would you place the comparison with say the 692 black? 

Its always subjective to what your personal preferences are.

I personally went for a Summit Ascent, it weighs the exact same as my DT 10 at 8 pound 6oz the balance point is between the hands on both guns. The DT 10 has a slightly rearward bias and the Ascent slightly forward I think I prefer the slightly forward balance. Both guns soak up recoil nicely and handle great.

The adjustable stock is streets ahead of the plastic memory system on my Beretta’s and a doddle to set up.

I like the tapered raised rib of the CG ascent, I tried the full on raised rib from another model and couldn't stand it but this one sits in between and I just like it a lot, it was one of the reasons that attracted me to this gun. I seem to see more with less clutter without being too far disjointed from the gun, shooting it I actually forget it has a slight step in the rib, the same cannot be said for the full on raised rib which just freaks me out.

The comb, forend and grip are all slimmer than on my DT 10 but I have never come across a DT 10 with wood work close to mine in the UK. It was a 2nd hand import from a Doctor in the USA and not too sure if it's custom or the USA have different dimensions. Either way I prefer the slimmer set up of the Summit and it doesn't feel razor slim like my 682 did compared to the DT10, sitting somewhere in between and just right for me.

The trigger position is adjustable infinitesimally and the trigger pull is really good, better than my 682 gold E but not as good as the DT10.

My 682 never missed a beat but then it doesn't get used much, the DT 10 has had a new locking bar, the coating on the receiver flaking and 3 separate issues with ejector timing over its 15 year life with me but never let me down for a shoot and it has shot a lot of targets in that time.

The CG had a slight issue with the forend being a bit loose when hot, one phone call to CG and it was sent to them Monday and back with me on Friday fixed free of charge no problems since over its 3 year life with me.

In terms of scores CPSA registered sporting comps  hi score with DT 10 is 91 ex 100 and the CG 89 ex 100 so not much in it but I seem to be a lot more consistent with the CG and genuinely prefer shooting it hence why the DT 10 went.

The new Beretta range didn't inspire me so I cannot comment personally on them as I have never felt itch to shoot one.

As I said at the beginning it is personal preference and your experience may vary to mine.

Malmo are still listed as CG dealers and that’s where mine came from brand new in 2015.

@timps thanks for the reply, which provides a useful insight into your own personal experience with both guns. My feeling is with CG, and I may be wrong, is that as they are relatively newer to the market the technology and manufacturing techniques will be “more state of the art” certainly newer. Obviously the  hand crafted elements are down to the expertise of the individual, but the CNC machines and manufacturing equipment will surely be latest spec. Of course this depends on who’s hands it’s in and how it’s been designed, I’m sure they’ve taken many design cues from a whole array of other manufacturers and the competition, why wouldn’t you. From what I can see they’re doing a bloody good job, certainly from an aesthetics point of view at least. The feedback by pretty much all they shoot them seems to always be positive, I mean let’s be honest who is ever 100% happy with anything they buy, there’s always some niggle, or something you’d want different. But for an off the shelf product, to me anyway, it stacks up pretty damn good!

can I ask what disciplines you shoot with yours?

Thanks  again for taking the time to reply always appreciated  🙏🏻