Sign in to follow this  
steve_b_wales

Scope / NV

13 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

I'm buying the 'scope from North Nott's Shooting Supplies, as he quoted me the best price.

My other Endurance 30  'scope measures 44mm approx. I'm just going off the dimensions online.

Who is 'CRS'?

hello, CUSTOM RIFLE SCOPES steve                                                                      www.customriflescopes.com

Shim from CRS and the 48mm adaptor and you are away, you make be able to request the 48mm one to come with the Unit instead of the 45mm?

49 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, CUSTOM RIFLE SCOPES steve                                                                      www.customriflescopes.com

Thankyou. I couldn't remember what it stood for. :good:

8 minutes ago, JRDS said:

Shim from CRS and the 48mm adaptor and you are away, you make be able to request the 48mm one to come with the Unit instead of the 45mm?

Thanks. I'm waiting on a price for the PARD 007, which is due in stock soon. I've checked all of my scopes and they are all coming in under 45mm. I'll check the size on my new Endurance 30 scope when it arrives.

45 / 48 are the sizes they clamp to when tight so my 40mm eyepiece needed a 2.4mm shim plus a small amount of tape for the 45mm unit to clamp tightly on.

32 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

Thankyou. I couldn't remember what it stood for. :good:

Thanks. I'm waiting on a price for the PARD 007, which is due in stock soon. I've checked all of my scopes and they are all coming in under 45mm. I'll check the size on my new Endurance 30 scope when it arrives.

That will be 46mm o/d then.

26 minutes ago, Pigeon Shredder. said:

That will be 46mm o/d then.

Yes, according to the schematic diagram that shows all the dimensions of the Endurance 30 WA (SF)

I've just taken delivery of my new scope and I'm impressed.  I just need some dry weather and a bit of time off work to get it zeroed on my .243.

Steve if you not got your pard yet  would wait just a little bit longer as they are now gong to make them with a 12mm lens so no built n mag and higher mag scopes should work better 

colin

Edited by colin lad

12 hours ago, colin lad said:

Steve if you not got your pard yet  would wait just a little bit longer as they are now gong to make them with a 12mm lens so no built n mag and higher mag scopes should work better 

colin

Bit late now, mine is on order and has been paid for. I'll check with the supplier though and see what he says. To be honest though, I don't think the 16mm lens will cause a problem for me. I don't intend using the PARD for close range, as I bought it primarily for 100+ yards Fox shooting.

Hope it all comes together for you steve.  I'm new to this NV game but have found it very useful.  I don't have any problems with the Eclipse, once I have it set up I can increase the magnification adequately without losing definition.  My ranges vary from up close and personal out to 150 or so, the 2.5 setting therefore is perfect even up at 10 to 15yrds out of a high seat.  I wouldn't think 3 power is going to be much different.  As they say in the States, ENJOY!!

3 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Hope it all comes together for you steve.  I'm new to this NV game but have found it very useful.  I don't have any problems with the Eclipse, once I have it set up I can increase the magnification adequately without losing definition.  My ranges vary from up close and personal out to 150 or so, the 2.5 setting therefore is perfect even up at 10 to 15yrds out of a high seat.  I wouldn't think 3 power is going to be much different.  As they say in the States, ENJOY!!

I'm going to try it on my 243 with my new Hawke Endurance 30 WA (SF) 4-16x50 scope. The scope was purchased mainly for day/evening use. I have other options to look into as well.

I have the Pard Steve, and for what I want it for which is the odd rabbit with the .17 and probably 10-15 foxes a year out to 200 odd yards it seems perfectly capable. Shot rabbits out to 60-70yds with. I did add a black sun ruby ir to it which improves it drastically 

2 hours ago, kennett said:

I have the Pard Steve, and for what I want it for which is the odd rabbit with the .17 and probably 10-15 foxes a year out to 200 odd yards it seems perfectly capable. Shot rabbits out to 60-70yds with. I did add a black sun ruby ir to it which improves it drastically 

What scope are you using? Also, I will be using my Solaris SRX laser IR with it, which I know is more than enough.

Another question, what's the built in range finder like?

25 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

Another question, what's the built in range finder like

Range finder, in the Pard? 

59 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Range finder, in the Pard? 

My mistake. There's a built in laser pointer, not range finder.

1 minute ago, steve_b_wales said:

My mistake. There's a built in laser pointer, not range finder.

:good:

1 minute ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, let us know how you get on with your new n/v set up steve

I certainly will. Just waiting for the PARD to arrive, and then as soon as I get time off work AND this poxy weather improves, I'll give it a try. I'm also going to try the PARD on non parallax adjustable scopes, just to see what it's like.:good:

2 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

I certainly will. Just waiting for the PARD to arrive, and then as soon as I get time off work AND this poxy weather improves, I'll give it a try. I'm also going to try the PARD on non parallax adjustable scopes, just to see what it's like.:good:

Just a word of advice Steve, when you use it as a spotter, then put it back on the scope, you need to adjust the focus.
Its around 4-5 full turns on the objective (the cylinder bit behind the lens) its not a problem to do it, but you cant just take it off scope and spot.
One thing that will surprise you though is its low light (without IR) capabilities whilst spotting, even with a very small amount of background light , it has an image intensifier like picture.

1 minute ago, Rewulf said:

Just a word of advice Steve, when you use it as a spotter, then put it back on the scope, you need to adjust the focus.
Its around 4-5 full turns on the objective (the cylinder bit behind the lens) its not a problem to do it, but you cant just take it off scope and spot.
One thing that will surprise you though is its low light (without IR) capabilities whilst spotting, even with a very small amount of background light , it has an image intensifier like picture.

Thanks. :good:

23 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

What scope are you using? Also, I will be using my Solaris SRX laser IR with it, which I know is more than enough.

Another question, what's the built in range finder like?

I'm using it on two Nikko Stirling game kings, front p/a and it seems to work well, but as it has been said you will need to re-focus between spotting and shooting but it's no huge drama. 

I tried it on a Leupold and it didn't like the lens coatings. 

1 hour ago, kennett said:

I'm using it on two Nikko Stirling game kings, front p/a and it seems to work well, but as it has been said you will need to re-focus between spotting and shooting but it's no huge drama. 

I tried it on a Leupold and it didn't like the lens coatings. 

I have a few Nikko Sterling Gamekings & Mountmasters, which I know work well with NV add on's.

I use the Solaris on my Drone and it transforms it.  Strangely it seems no better than the inbuilt IR on the Pard. 

On 18/01/2019 at 08:08, steve_b_wales said:

Bit late now, mine is on order and has been paid for. I'll check with the supplier though and see what he says. To be honest though, I don't think the 16mm lens will cause a problem for me. I don't intend using the PARD for close range, as I bought it primarily for 100+ yards Fox shooting.

mine is a 16mm lens and use it on all my scopes to be honest even the 6x24x56 nighteater works great just small field of view at close range but get past 100 yards its fine i also found you don't have to mess about with the mag i just leave it on 6 mag and shoot at good distances 

colin

Steve, ive been using the Pard on my Zeiss Duralite with it on 3 or 4 times magnification and have taken foxes out to 180 yards with it , I have to admit that if you are looking at a lot of pasture the image is not special so I have now put a Hawke Panoramic 4-16 x 50 on my 10 22 so I can use the Pard on bunnies!!  I've taken the N550 off as I'm more impressed with the Pard and awaiting the shims and collars which should be here tomorrow. The Zeiss has no parallax and good coatings ,so Im looking forward to a sharper image by downgrading the scope.