steve_b_wales

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, mel b3 said:

this thread is like reading the book of wart cures , 1600 edition :lol:

And all from experience, 

I took a razor blade to bed once to cut mine off, fell asleep with the blade under my pillow.

Woke up in the morning with a hand stuck to the pillow and sheet and both hands  cut to shreds, the sheets and pillow covered in blood. 

The next step was a little more sensible, a visit to the Dr and then a hospital visit that did manage to remove them. 

But by all means you lot try the urine,welding rods, ground match heads, banana skins ect.

Im really surprised nobody has mentioned using reloading powder and a primer, or maybe shooting them off at 797 yards with a HMR. 

1 hour ago, Dougy said:

And all from experience, 

I took a razor blade to bed once to cut mine off, fell asleep with the blade under my pillow.

Woke up in the morning with a hand stuck to the pillow and sheet and both hands  cut to shreds, the sheets and pillow covered in blood. 

The next step was a little more sensible, a visit to the Dr and then a hospital visit that did manage to remove them. 

But by all means you lot try the urine,welding rods, ground match heads, banana skins ect.

Im really surprised nobody has mentioned using reloading powder and a primer, or maybe shooting them off at 797 yards with a HMR. 

I remember reading several years ago, about some guy that shot himself with a shotgun that he'd found , his reason that he gave to the police was that he was trying to shoot a wart off his finger😅😅😅

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

What do you recommend?

Well, it looks like a choice between battery acid, a razor blade or an HMR.

…… types he, shuddering, and glad that he doesn't suffer from any wart infection

19 hours ago, Cornish lad said:

Clear nail varnish applied often keep covered warts dropped off in two weeks

This or the superglue suggestion because I was told its a virus and starve it of air and suffocate it.

Could be wrong but it worked for me, I used "new skin" to starve it?

That freezing method didn't work fo me after 6 treatments. 

2 hours ago, harrycatcat1 said:

This or the superglue suggestion because I was told its a virus and starve it of air and suffocate it.

Could be wrong but it worked for me, I used "new skin" to starve it?

That freezing method didn't work fo me after 6 treatments. 

Yep, had a few over the years and used this technique. Shaved down with an Emory board, applied clear nail varnish (it stings) and leave. Peel it off after 24 hours and repeat. Keep going and it disappears.

One addition to this, and it may explain why there are so many remedies, is that I read that an immune system boost via positive thinking has been proven to be effective; in essence, “thinking the wart away”.

Whatever remedy you choose, convince yourself it’s going to work and really believe it.

This thread is fantastic and is most certainly "Quackery" of the very highest order!  Many of these self help measures pre-empt a visit to said medicine man. I am kept in perpetual wonder at all manner of actions by individuals in an attempt to rid themselves of a  certain malady.

Warts being one, I have seen removed in the following ways.

Pliers removal

hacksaw removal

grinder removal

blade removal 

file removal

flammable liquid applied then lit and sets whole hand on fire

application of urine, battery acid, solvents, spirits, paint, tobacco, engine oil, diesel and petrol, nail varnish, animal guano the list goes on.

That said the pw fraternity have instilled my confidence once more! 

atb😂🤣