Cammo Net

Eyefor

How about this Camo heavy duty Tarps?

I’ve  had this made up to my 4x4 and used 2 cut up to the size and also cut out sections for the l/h window and front windscreen,then fitted some camo netting in place and away you go!

It did take an afternoon with my mate helping and it really works extremely well!

Ive added a pic of it shooting corvids only using air rifle.

H.T.H

559EF25F-683D-4D3B-A329-F8DA44885BFD.jpeg

Edited by maxtich

16 hours ago, maxtich said:

How about this Camo heavy duty Tarps?

I’ve  had this made up to my 4x4 and used 2 cut up to the size and also cut out sections for the l/h window and front windscreen,then fitted some camo netting in place and away you go!

It did take an afternoon with my mate helping and it really works extremely well!

Ive added a pic of it shooting corvids only using air rifle.

H.T.H

559EF25F-683D-4D3B-A329-F8DA44885BFD.jpeg

1 hour ago, maxtich said:

Just to add I use to use camo netting in the past,However i found It deteriorating over time and doesn’t cover as well as the Tarps!

That I do like - especially the cutting out of the near side window which I use a lot for my rifle shooting.

Where did you get the camo tarps please?

Thanks.

I’ll rummage through my paperwork to see if I could any paperwork.

I do remember doing a bit of research before settling on this particular type.

I do remember that this company did advice against get the light weight budget version as they don’t last as well as this.

To be honest I’m very impressed with this and when I go shooting, to get the best results,I do go and set up before 1st light,well  prepared and often can easily spend all day in the truck,especially when the drilling and harvesting times and the corvids can be completely fooled into coming st8 into my decoys set around 35-40 yards.

I do however use F..A.C Air rifle 99 % of the time and don’t do too badly!

Edited by maxtich

36 minutes ago, maxtich said:

I’ll rummage through my paperwork to see if I could any paperwork.

I do remember doing a bit of research before settling on this particular type.

I do remember that this company did advice against get the light weight budget version as they don’t last as well as this.

To be honest I’m very impressed with this and when I go shooting, to get the best results,I do go and set up before 1st light,well  prepared and often can easily spend all day in the truck,especially when the drilling and harvesting times and the corvids can be completely fooled into coming st8 into my decoys set around 35-40 yards.

I do however use F..A.C Air rifle 99 % of the time and don’t do too badly!

If you could find the supplier I'd be very grateful as there does seem to be a wide variety available and I'll definitely adapt the tarp for rifle shooting out of the truck passenger window. 

Thanks.

Edited by Eyefor

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Eyefor is in mid Bedfordshire.

S'cuse me TC

North Bedfordshire, please!

Much posher than mid Beds  (but soon to be North East Northants....)

1 hour ago, Chrismilner83 said:

Where abouts are you  sure I could find one in my store for you

1 hour ago, Chrismilner83 said:

Ok but far I’m in York 

I'd happily pay courier costs if it was what I'm looking for?

Ok after much rummaging about in my Garage I’ve found it!

They came from Screwfix item no item no 6599K.

I’m pretty sure i bought 3-4 Packs as I’ve got an Isuzu Trooper Lwb 5 Door 4x4.

Hope this helps.

Info below:

NDC POLYTHENES HEAVY DUTY CAMOUFLAGE TARPAULIN 3 X 4M (6599K)

Distinctive camouflage tarpaulin, ideal for covering gardening equipment. Rust-resistant eyelets allow fastening via bungee, rope or ties. Reinforced hem for extra strength.

Camouflage Print,Showerproof,Reinforced Hem,Rust-Resistant Eyelets

Polythenes Tarpaulin 

£14.99 INC VAT

Edited by maxtich

2 hours ago, maxtich said:

Ok after much rummaging about in my Garage I’ve found it!

They came from Screwfix item no item no 6599K.

I’m pretty sure i bought 3-4 Packs as I’ve got an Isuzu Trooper Lwb 5 Door 4x4.

Hope this helps.

Info below:

NDC POLYTHENES HEAVY DUTY CAMOUFLAGE TARPAULIN 3 X 4M (6599K)

Distinctive camouflage tarpaulin, ideal for covering gardening equipment. Rust-resistant eyelets allow fastening via bungee, rope or ties. Reinforced hem for extra strength.

Camouflage Print,Showerproof,Reinforced Hem,Rust-Resistant Eyelets

Polythenes Tarpaulin 

£14.99 INC VAT

Excellent.

Ordered 4 & will collect on Wednesday.

Many thanks.

41 minutes ago, maxtich said:

Good stuff!

What vehicle have you got to put these on??

Pleassure mate plz let us know the end results!

My shooting truck is a Subaru Forester.

I'm thinking of shooting (sitting) out of on an open tailgate, drape the whole vehicle in the tarps then put a standard hide at the back just leaving a wide narrow shooting strip between the top of the hide and the bottom of the open tailgate. I can then chose rifle or shotgun?

Playtime 😎 !!

Thanks again.

Ah ok!

I generally shoot Crows,Magpies,Jackdawsand Pigeons.

I shoot sitting in drivers seat shooting through the passenger side with the passenger seat leant forward with the headrest pulled uppermost making a perfect rest!

Once set up what with the Radio on,internet on mobile,hot coffee and sandwiches what else do u want come rain or whatever!

Cheers

Edited by maxtich

8 hours ago, maxtich said:

Ah ok!

I generally shoot Crows,Magpies,Jackdawsand Pigeons.

I shoot sitting in drivers seat shooting through the passenger side with the passenger seat leant forward with the headrest pulled uppermost making a perfect rest!

Once set up what with the Radio on,internet on mobile,hot coffee and sandwiches what else do u want come rain or whatever!

Cheers

...for shooting out of the passenger window, I use a hardwood 4" x 2" plank jammed under the passenger headrest then resting across to the dash board (scooby seats are too low to use driver side wing mirror as a rest) but forgot about the scope overview and the nearside wing mirror with a fox trotting left to right.

End result of 120gr 7mm-08 meeting wing mirror at 3000+ fps. Was quoted £200 plus fitting to replace! Ouch

NOTE TO KEYBOARD WARRIORS. NO THAT IS NOT WHERE THE SHOT WAS TAKEN. THAT IS MY FRONT DRIVE AFTERWARDS,

wing mirror.jpg

Edited by Eyefor