Shop bought Pork Pie

biketestace

Can't beat a nice steak pie from local butchers, thick gravy crispy short crust pastry. Mouth watering but need half a pack of Rennie's for desert.

Back on topic and Pork pies it has to be Kitsons of Northallerton, they do many varieties but the pork and chilli along with there pork and marmalade are my faves especially when still warm.

My wife likes the aspic in the pork pies, I don't and it's best when it's melted into juice when eating them warm.

Edited by figgy

One of the Guns brought his father along last week - from ooop North - he is a butcher and makes his own pork pies. We were deliciously spoilt with his home made pork pie and also a pork and and black pudding pie - different but much appreciated!

Apart from the above there are only the commercial pies available.

Melton Mobley pie best there is      worked in Amersham local butcher did a pie all meat and veg in one  end apple pie to finish   (there is a god)  twenty years  I can still taste it can anybody tell me what its called  / butchers    as had too many sleeps  since then        (man its good really good )  

1 hour ago, Yellow Bear said:

Try Titterton in the grove or Pimlott in CH

I think they have gone now! I used  to work for John titterton in Stockport my first ever job loved the food there would often get a pie on my break . But he has now closed as well to my knowledge there is only one in reddish & one in Woodley that is still open!  Never been into pimlotts but often pass it on my way home and it looks busy down the way from branwaithtes gunsmith as well! 

The best I've ever tasted was from somewhere in North Yorkshire, but I cant remember the name of the place, and Browns of Stagsden in Bedfordshire.

Unless I can get really good pork pie I either make my own or dont bother at all, as badly done it's grim.