White Woodcock

WelshAndy

On 11/01/2019 at 10:31, Aled said:

Unique markings on that bird. In Colin Trotmans book on Woodcock, there are some pictures of Woodcock with varying colours, some more or less white.

Cheers

Aled

Somewhere on my travels I have seen a display case with two pure White Woodcock that had been set up , I cant remember where it was or anything else about them , it could well be in a museum or stately house in east anglia , so maybe somebody else have seen them and could give us more information .

I unfortunately shot one around 10 yrs ago same white wings ,it had come back for 3 seasons and on the first season our syndicate said we would leave it alone ,it used to come back to the same piece of valley every year on the 4 season a little further away  I was a back gun facing into a bright sun Woodcock  back was called I saw the bird flying towards me took aim fired and killed it. , to say I was gutted is a under statement  ,haven't shot a woodcock since