Checker

snow white

to stipple get a four inch nail    file the point flat then   use a saw file to make a cross on the end of the nail to give four sharp spikes then use  it with a toffy hammer like   punch to get required effect on a piece of scrap wood if you  are happy with result apply to stock if you want a checkering tool they are available on evilbay not a lot of £ 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 07:45, snow white said:

Hi Saltings i got a piece of 3/8 round and used small angle grinder to cross cut it in the end it did the job i used gun yesterday and it did not still when in shoulder.

All the best.

again sorry for the late reply checkering / stippling will not help with gun fit  as  is only  a cosmetic appearance  more information needed you may need stock alterations to get line of sight to shoot where you are looking    gun fitting  is more  important than anything else as shotgun patterns where you are looking a rifle is where you aim with  scope or sights 

Hi Saltings gun fits perfect I was luck had gun shop measure it to the one I have had fitted.

I brought a Lincoln 20 premiere only the cheap on as my sxs was in for new spring and I wanted to try a o/u I went with gun smith to Dovey clay ground tried it on pattern plate spot on fits perfectly with no alterations.

So I brought the top of the ranger Lincoln prestige jubilee gold 20 I could not hit a barn door if I stood inside it so back with gun smith to pattern plate I was shooting high and left he measured me up for fitting had the gun for few weeks back to pattern plate spot on 

before Xmas I brought a Lincoln 28 but sadly in the meantime the gun smith had past away and there is no body up this way that does stock fitting so I put a piece on my self I measured it up and took it to gun shop got them to measure it the stock measurements are the same as first gun the only thing I could not do was checking put you gave me idear of stippling and it as come out fine gun does not slip in should like it was.

Thanks again Snow White 

On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 09:13, snow white said:

Hi Saltings gun fits perfect I was luck had gun shop measure it to the one I have had fitted.

I brought a Lincoln 20 premiere only the cheap on as my sxs was in for new spring and I wanted to try a o/u I went with gun smith to Dovey clay ground tried it on pattern plate spot on fits perfectly with no alterations.

So I brought the top of the ranger Lincoln prestige jubilee gold 20 I could not hit a barn door if I stood inside it so back with gun smith to pattern plate I was shooting high and left he measured me up for fitting had the gun for few weeks back to pattern plate spot on 

before Xmas I brought a Lincoln 28 but sadly in the meantime the gun smith had past away and there is no body up this way that does stock fitting so I put a piece on my self I measured it up and took it to gun shop got them to measure it the stock measurements are the same as first gun the only thing I could not do was checking put you gave me idear of stippling and it as come out fine gun does not slip in should like it was.

Thanks again Snow White 

try using a swade brush or a stiff nail brush or similar on the stippling it will take off the fine hairy fibers that grip your clothing like Velcro  you can also flat down with some fine sandpaper you will still have effect just not as sharp