Discovery 3

johnnytheboy

i absolutley adore my d3 05 plate. i bought it with 100k on the clock and full service history. ive had it three years and put 50k on it and apart from servicing ive had to replace a wheel bearing and thats it. fitted with goodyear dura tac tyres and its simply incredible. far far better than my hilux and l200 pick up in comfort and ability in the soft stuff.  i could replacd it with soething much newer but nah im keeping it ! 

i think the people who have serious money pit issues in most part have bought one which hasnt been looked after in the past. 

2 hours ago, Jay_Russell said:

i absolutley adore my d3 05 plate. i bought it with 100k on the clock and full service history. ive had it three years and put 50k on it and apart from servicing ive had to replace a wheel bearing and thats it. fitted with goodyear dura tac tyres and its simply incredible. far far better than my hilux and l200 pick up in comfort and ability in the soft stuff.  i could replacd it with soething much newer but nah im keeping it ! 

i think the people who have serious money pit issues in most part have bought one which hasnt been looked after in the past. 

What mpg are you getting Jay? 

On 06/01/2019 at 19:53, johnnytheboy said:

I was thinking about buying one of the older discovery 3, diesel version, what’s everyones thoughts on them? Ok or to much hassle? I know some of the older rangies are fraught with problems wonders if these were the same? 

Tight whore, get to Pentland and spend a bit of that huge salary you earn on a decent 2nd hand newish disco! Least you'll be safer taking out the kids in it!

19 hours ago, johnnytheboy said:

What mpg are you getting Jay? 

running around on tarmac 27 mpg average. if its motorway driving at 70 then i can get 32pmg  ( thats through fuel used not trip computer - although mine isnt that far out) 

when im out shooting, field driving/tracks etc i get around 23-25mpg indicated on trip comp so prob a little less thank that 

if i brim the tank i can get between 450 -540 miles per tank 

14 hours ago, Perazzishot said:

Tight whore, get to Pentland and spend a bit of that huge salary you earn on a decent 2nd hand newish disco! Least you'll be safer taking out the kids in it!

Lol you know me, currently running them about in a £200 terrano 🙄 your right, would be safer lol 

27 minutes ago, Jay_Russell said:

running around on tarmac 27 mpg average. if its motorway driving at 70 then i can get 32pmg  ( thats through fuel used not trip computer - although mine isnt that far out) 

when im out shooting, field driving/tracks etc i get around 23-25mpg indicated on trip comp so prob a little less thank that 

if i brim the tank i can get between 450 -540 miles per tank 

Thank you 👍