ELECTRIC_RAT TRAP

Bazooka Joe

Come across this video on utube, a few of the comments below the video are criticizing whether it'll work or not, which has given me some doubts.

I'm not that electrically minded to say one way or the other, there's no wiring diagram either, just the op wiring the trap up as the video goes.

Basically 12v battery, with what I think is a capacitor wired on the negative.?

Any sparkys willing to give an opinion if this is feasible or not, if so I'm thinking on making one for the allotment.

4 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Come across this video on utube, a few of the comments below the video are criticizing whether it'll work or not, which has given me some doubts.

I'm not that electrically minded to say one way or the other, there's no wiring diagram either, just the op wiring the trap up as the video goes.

Basically 12v battery, with what I think is a capacitor wired on the negative.?

Any sparkys willing to give an opinion if this is feasible or not, if so I'm thinking on making one for the allotment.

may be wrong as a capacitor is dc means you cant let go had this issue years ago with an old well used  elu router turned on ok when plunged something shorted and  lit me up like an x mas tree the only way I could make the pain stop was to walk away and pull the plug out of socket as could not let go   dc  capacitor start up painful the capacitor kills

new router  purchased immediately 

My understanding of coils and capacitors is that a coil produces bursts of electric as a result of being turned on and off. The points in your distributor are what used to turn it on and off. 

A capacitor holds electricity until it is discharged.

A capacitor of the right size will work, a coil won’t do anything.