hydrostatic test

knighty

20 minutes ago, knighty said:

Hi guys my cylinder is ready for a hydrostatic test does anyone know where i can get it tested without travelling too many miles i'm in stoke on trent,
i know about clubsub in ashbank but he has proved to be very unreliable, any suggestions welcome.
knighty

Welcome back ;)

As Haynes said, dive shops are the best bet if airgun clubs prove fruitless. Off the top of my head, I only know for sure about Clubsub. what happened with them in the past? Could have been a one off ball dropping by someone

2 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

Welcome back ;)

As Haynes said, dive shops are the best bet if airgun clubs prove fruitless. Off the top of my head, I only know for sure about Clubsub. what happened with them in the past? Could have been a one off ball dropping by someone

the first and last time i used clubsub it took me 6 weeks to get my cylinder back that was around 4 years ago, after so long i thought things may have changed so asking a few local shooting lads about clubsub they are telling me nothing has changed one guy still waiting they have had his cylinder over 4 weeks, but it looks like the only place for miles from here to get a test, looks like i might have to travel out of town.

1 hour ago, knighty said:

the first and last time i used clubsub it took me 6 weeks to get my cylinder back that was around 4 years ago, after so long i thought things may have changed so asking a few local shooting lads about clubsub they are telling me nothing has changed one guy still waiting they have had his cylinder over 4 weeks, but it looks like the only place for miles from here to get a test, looks like i might have to travel out of town.

booo.

Where do fellow clubbers go? Asking in your local shooting shop might pay dividends too?

Know your pain,same round here.  See pcp compressor thread in the air gun section.  Ok, bit of an outlay, but end of problem! Do you have any friends you could share the cost of purchasing one? How long do you intend shooting a pcp? If it’s s good few years, them it will pay for itself in no time. Bottles, with the hassle of testing and trips for filling have their days numbered imho. 

T33

6 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

booo.

Where do fellow clubbers go? Asking in your local shooting shop might pay dividends too?

i am not in a club i only hunt and my local gun shop send them to clubsub

4 hours ago, Mice! said:

Where do you get your bottle filled? Do they not do tests?

the place i was filling my cylinder closed down, that is where i was getting it tested too, i have a 15L cylinder so go a while between fills it closed without me knowing.

20 hours ago, Mice! said:

Where do you get your bottle filled? Do they not do tests?

the place i was filling my cylinder closed down, that is where i was getting it tested too, i have a 15L cylinder so go a while between fills it closed without me knowing.

thanks for the suggestions guys i have got it sorted now at ScubaTeks Ltd in Telford very helpful guy on the phone