FAC Grant

I submitted my application for SGC and FAC to police Scotland 16 weeks ago. I have done my medical report and had my interview all checked out. The FEO advised me that he finished the inquiry on the 30th of November so...

I called the Edinburgh firearms team today where my application is being processed only to be told that it was with Dalkieth. I then called Dalkieth who advised me it was with a Chief Inspector at the Edinburgh office and the information I had been given was incorrect.

Rather than call the Edinburgh team back I have now sent an email just asking for an update. Does anyone have any experience in emailing them team and if they are punctual in replying?

I can understand that you want to get your papers so you can play but, be patient!  With applications and renewals etc, No news is no bad news. 

They will inform you quick enough if there is a problem. There is always a bottleneck at some point in the licensing system and taking a rough guess PS are yet to get the staffing levels correct (and trained) following the legislation change for air-rifles. 

I’m not defending slow service, I’m just pointing out that sometimes that’s just the way it is, it’s easier to get use to slow service than expec5 quick service! 

We were waiting up to12wks for 1-4-1 variation in Lincs a year ago, now it appears it takes 3-4 working days. 

Edited by The Burpster

Thanks Burpster, I don't want anyone to think I am being too impatient I know that the usual lead time is 12 weeks, it's only that other people under the same force have received theirs by now and I hadn't heard anything. I have dropped them an email out of curiosity but I will sit back and wait. 16 weeks and counting lol

Hi Button, yes its a grant so only right that renewals take priority. I am encouraged by the fact I have been told it is with a chief inspector makes me think it is very nearly crunch time. I would like to think if there was any obvious reason to reject the grant it would have been done and written off by now but who knows