Sign in to follow this  
krugerandsmith

I Daniel Blake

36 minutes ago, krugerandsmith said:

Just finished watching this film. For anyone who has not seen it... it's heart breaking and so true.

i watched it a couple of days ago,it was spot on

We need to look after those in need, it shouldn't be a difficult or controversial concept. 

That's equality for you! In the governments crusade to tackle career choice benefit claimants, benefit fraud etc, they treat EVERYONE claiming benefits equally.......badly!.....labelling them all as wasters and/or feckless criminals!....whilst at the same time pandering to those categorised by political correctness, as "minorities" who they fear, if their benefits were stopped, or even delayed, they would immediately scream "foul" by alleging some sort of 'ism!

Like the child who misbehaves in class! Rather than punish the miscreant, the teacher punishes the whole class!

2 hours ago, panoma1 said:

That's equality for you! In the governments crusade to tackle career choice benefit claimants, benefit fraud etc, they treat EVERYONE claiming benefits equally.......badly!.....labelling them all as wasters and/or feckless criminals!....whilst at the same time pandering to those categorised by political correctness, as "minorities" who they fear, if their benefits were stopped, or even delayed, they would immediately scream "foul" by alleging some sort of 'ism!

Like the child who misbehaves in class! Rather than punish the miscreant, the teacher punishes the whole class!

Agreed this shower do not have the word Compassionate in their vocabulary.

Watched most of it the other night on BBC2.

Despite not seeing the whole film, I have to admit that I found it genuinely moving.........the good Lady actually asked me to change channels, as she found it too upsetting.