Greener GP Identification

HELIflipper03

4 hours ago, Philip Caldwell said:

Afternoon all, and a Happy New Year. I am the proud owner of. Greener GP with a serial number of 373 54. It’s marked up with a crown and-729” BNP. 

any information on this gun would be really appreciated.

kind regards Phil

Welcome to pigeon watch Phil.

Greener GP serial numbers 35560-38774 are listed as made in 1958.

OB

On 08/01/2019 at 11:12, wymberley said:

Flippin' 'eck.

Just seen the price of that volume - same as my 'House Of Churchill'.

Need to charge a £5 donation to Help For Heroes would seem fair enough for the info'. :good:

One here for sale...https://onlineshop.oxfam.org.uk/shop/books/home-and-garden/the-greener-story-the-history-of-the-greener-gunmakers-and-their-guns-by-graham-hd_200244291

4 hours ago, Fisheruk said:

Jumping on the band wagon 😳 could you please tell me when mine was made?

P 62062 

The book lists serial Nos.58282-62821 as made in 1966 by Webley & Scott Ltd.

As Gunman rightly pointed out, W&S took over the manufacturing in 1965.

OB

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all just reading the topic about greener gp's. My wife bought me one in 1977 as a birthday pressie from S R Jefferies in Guilford now long gone, apparently it was found in a barn. I think it cost about £40, it is a take down model has a thumb screw on the lhs of the action to remove the barrel, serial no 1382 with a 26in barrel. it stills shoots well albeit with 2 1/2 in chambers. It has been used for anything from geese to charlie. would it be possible to find the date of build. Many thanks Dave

17 minutes ago, Dave53 said:

Hi all just reading the topic about greener gp's. My wife bought me one in 1977 as a birthday pressie from S R Jefferies in Guilford now long gone, apparently it was found in a barn. I think it cost about £40, it is a take down model has a thumb screw on the lhs of the action to remove the barrel, serial no 1382 with a 26in barrel. it stills shoots well albeit with 2 1/2 in chambers. It has been used for anything from geese to charlie. would it be possible to find the date of build. Many thanks Dave

Looking at the book that would be the third year of production, 1924. 

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Barry F. Stephenson said:

I have just bought a Greener double barrel 12 ga. shotgun - S/N 76995

It is hammer-less and an ejector model. My question is when was it made?

Any help would be appreciated.

Barry Stephenson

Barry

Appears to be 1953.

76591-77169

• 2 years later...

If I can jump in… I have a Greener GP with no manufacturer marks and no serial number. It does have British proof marks and the “Made in England” export stamp. 
back when I purchased it I sent a photo to Graham Greener because I thought it was maybe built as a line throwing gun. He confirmed that it was built as a standard 12ga and not for line throwing, but he couldn’t give any info aside from that.

has anyone else come across an unmarked, unserialized GP?

For how quirky it is, it’s one of my favorite guns. Especially cut down by a previous owner. The photo is from this autumn.

BB765D18-2B2F-47BC-94C0-48A895B9EADB.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Gowanus said:

If I can jump in… I have a Greener GP with no manufacturer marks and no serial number. It does have British proof marks and the “Made in England” export stamp. 
back when I purchased it I sent a photo to Graham Greener because I thought it was maybe built as a line throwing gun. He confirmed that it was built as a standard 12ga and not for line throwing, but he couldn’t give any info aside from that.

has anyone else come across an unmarked, unserialized GP?

For how quirky it is, it’s one of my favorite guns. Especially cut down by a previous owner. The photo is from this autumn.

BB765D18-2B2F-47BC-94C0-48A895B9EADB.jpeg

So what length is that barrel now?

Looks like it could come under category 1.

Edited by Old Boggy

On 27/12/2023 at 10:27, Marcus1977 said:

Hi, 

I was hoping for some help identifying what year my Greener GP shotgun was made, serial number G83098. 

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks, 

Marcus. 

Marcus

That serial number would make it a Webley and Scott made one from 1977. That year was 82000-84396