It seems MP's actually care about Law and Order

JRDS

But only outside Parliament.  Didn't hear of any of them writing to complain about the daily murders in London last year or escalating crime levels in general in the whole country or even see them debate Crime Levels in Parliament.  What a loathsome set of creatures we have in both Houses.  Sticks and Stones Anna, you deserve all you get and then some.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/01/07/anna-soubry-urges-police-intervene-protesters-call-nazi-live/

Edited by JRDS

36 minutes ago, JRDS said:

But only outside Parliament.  Didn't hear of any of them writing to complain about the daily murders in London last year or escalating crime levels in general in the whole country or even see them debate Crime Levels in Parliament.  What a loathsome set of creatures we have in both Houses.  Sticks and Stones Anna, you deserve all you get and then some.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/01/07/anna-soubry-urges-police-intervene-protesters-call-nazi-live/

Double standards as usual, you don't see them all falling over themselves demanding the police tackle masked sabs that often actually resort to voilence

MPs care? But not so much when Jacob Rees-Mogg gets his property daubed with paint or Nigel Farage and his family get run out a restaurant (by the curiously named Unite against Fascism). It seems now the tables are turned they don't like it.

Whichever way it is though I don't really like it even when MPs act as she has seeking to undermine our democracy.

19 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Watching that, I certainly wouldn't personally protest in a personal manner, but I don't see what offence has been committed, I have seen far, far worse behaviour totally ignored by the police on many occasions. 

The alleged offender called her a Nazi which seems to be not correct, if he had of called her a Fascist he may have been closer to the truth. 

In simplistic terms Nazi`s believe in superiority of race whereas Fascists believe in the superiority of the ruling elite

Edited by sportsbob

37 minutes ago, sportsbob said:

The alleged offender called her a Nazi which seems to be not correct, if he had of called her a Fascist he may have been closer to the truth. 

In simplistic terms Nazi`s believe in superiority of race whereas Fascists believe in the superiority of the ruling elite

But was or should it be a criminal offence? 

I will repeat what I said earlier on the "Brexit" thread;

"Much as I disagree with Anna Soubry, these bully boy tactics are completely wrong.  They are wrong whoever they come from and I hope the police take action if it is needed.  Sadly their record is poor based on the lack of response when some MPs were bullied by the momentum mob for standing up over anti Semitism issues."

Everyone has a right to express their opinions and demonstrate peacefully.  The current extremists (in many areas, not just this) with their anti Semitism, calling people Nazis, intimidating people whilst masked etc. goes beyond free speech and needs to be stopped.  Sadly some of our senior front bench politicians are actually calling for the return of such violent groups as the "Anti Nazi League https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/aug/07/john-mcdonnell-revive-anti-nazi-league-oppose-far-right

The same senior MP who called for another MP to be lynched and has refused to even apologise https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/esther-mcvey-lynching-mp-john-8125900

Where we have front bench figures actually advocating these bullying tactics, police are unlikely to do anything. 

Well, well I read Anna Soubry MP has been shouted at, intimidate by and verbally assaulted by protesters! Which has prompted many of her MP colleagues to write to Cressida (Richard) **** voicing their outrage! And insisting the police take "robust" action against these protesters!

Pity they ain't "outraged" by the conduct of the antis with their abusive conduct, intimidation, threats, assaults and disruptive behaviour towards people excercising their legal right to hunt and shoot!

More evidence of political double standards methinks?

The shooting, hunting and fieldsports organisations should be all over this news like a rash!

She didnt seem overly concerned about the 'attack' at the time, probably later thought there was some ammo in it for her.

To be honest if that was what she considers bullying, she could do with a walk down the streets of her neglected constituency, she will get far worse than a few calls of 'nazi' I assure you.

I don't reall give a **** about her! What I am concernred about is because protesters have allegedly verbally abused her....the government, the political classes et al have told the Met to deal with them "robustly".........

Contrast this with the cowardly, masked, Illegitimates, who for years have been verbally abusing (and much worse!) the fieldsports community! With impunity.........whilst plod just stand aside and let em get on with it!........

Just now, panoma1 said:

I don't reall give a **** about her! What I am concernred about is because protesters have allegedly verbally abused her....the government, the political classes et al have told the Met to deal with them "robustly".........

Contrast this with the cowardly, masked, Illegitimates, who for years have been verbally abusing (and much worse!) the fieldsports community! With impunity.........whilst plod just stand aside and let em get on with it!........

Watching mostly ...

42 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

40 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Watching mostly ...

Absolutely, the Police are not supposed to be political in any way. They should only get involved if a crime has been committed, not because the political classes have asked them to.

Waiting for the outcome.

Well the outcome would seem to be an increased police presence at Westminster, now we just need to see if anyone is charged with a public order offence. ( Section 59 I think, alarm fear blah blah blah).

The other thing that rings a bell is the call to ban demonstrators covering their faces, was this not made unlawful some time last year. Certainly still goes on when antis demonstrate. (Put me right if I'm wrong).