Will I get a sgc

Jacko3275

13 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

But surely a time factor will come into play if he has no prior convictions or been in any trouble since i know of people with both FAC and SG tickets if you hit there misses you wont be doing much shooting for some time but i take your point  

I had no previous and nothing since other Than a couple of speed tickets

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oddly enough, I was taught never to hit anyone. If someone harms a person close to you then there are many options open to you to pay them back without damaging your reputation. Using the term "knock 10 bails out of him" just goes to show that you are still living in the past when "an altercation took place" would have sufficed. To admit to pulling the "I'm depressed card", Rim Fire, maybe you should ask the OP what sort of man he is?

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

The choices you make regards retaliation are a matter entirely up to you.

Those choices often end up with consequences, as in the OP , he was convicted of ABH.

Years later those consequence follow you, and those choices you made, make others make choices about you.

100%   Was this reaction imediate at the time to prevent further injury to the female or was it afterwards in a different venue ?   ABH is what it says ...actual bodily harm.

Edited by Walker570

I'm a normal  guy who had a bad year what more can I say

Knocking ten bail out of it is just a figure of speech and I new I had overstepped the mark which is why I pleaded guilty and told my missus not to try for assault against her to get me off

4 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

100%   Was this reaction imediate at the time to prevent further injury to the female or was it afterwards in a different venie ?   ABH is what it says ...actual bodily harm.

It was in front of me so it was an instant reaction

Edited by Jacko3275

2 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

100%   Was this reaction imediate at the time to prevent further injury to the female or was it afterwards in a different venie ?   ABH is what it says ...actual bodily harm.

Exactly, if the attack had happened as he defended his girlfriend from the assailant , its unlikely he would have been done for ABH.
Sounds like a revenge job.

2 minutes ago, Jacko3275 said:

You can still get done for ABH if it was self defence or to prevent another crime as I said I over stepped the mark and was rightly reprimanded for it I payed my penance for it 

I wont argue with you about it without knowing what happened, but self defence of yourself or others,  using 'reasonable force' would not have got you a conviction, if you decided, with your anger, to continue to attack the assailant after the threat to yourself or others was gone, would have.

For what its worth, the self defence laws in this country are pathetic.

Bottom line is that no one on this forum can tell you for sure if you will get your SGC granted. And no one can say for sure  how they would react if put in the same position as you where,  when you committed your offence.

You will get plenty of opinions but the only way forward is to continue your application and be totally honest with the enquiry officers. If you are unsuccessful,  look at other ways of continuing shooting if you are keen.

Good luck

The only thing that I know for sure is that you won't get a proper answer to that particular question on here (as evidenced by the preceding two pages...).

Without knowing the exact circumstances, your full history, your medical background, your current state of mind and all the other things that you will be vetted for anything written on this forum regarding your initial statement is nothing more than personal opinion.

The only person who can give you a definitive answer will be your local FLM, on the basis of advice given to him/her by your FEO. Submit your application, be absolutely honest with the Police, and if refused ask their advice on possible future courses of action.

Best of luck.

42 minutes ago, Jonno243 said:

The only thing that I know for sure is that you won't get a proper answer to that particular question on here (as evidenced by the preceding two pages...).

Without knowing the exact circumstances, your full history, your medical background, your current state of mind and all the other things that you will be vetted for anything written on this forum regarding your initial statement is nothing more than personal opinion.

The only person who can give you a definitive answer will be your local FLM, on the basis of advice given to him/her by your FEO. Submit your application, be absolutely honest with the Police, and if refused ask their advice on possible future courses of action.

Best of luck.

All I wanted was opinions and if people new of stories of people with a checkered past getting an sgc. If I don't get it I'm no worse off just have to rely on friend going

On 08/01/2019 at 20:05, Jacko3275 said:

All I wanted was opinions and if people new of stories of people with a checkered past getting an sgc. If I don't get it I'm no worse off just have to rely on friend going

As a lot of others have said, each application is different and will depend on many factors.  A good mate of mine has been in the same boat as you, he knocked a guy out for laying hands on his wife,  it was 11 years ago but he was worried his sgc application would be turned down because of it,   he received his cert in the post last week.

Just now, Timerider said:

As a lot of others have said, each application is different and will depend on many factors.  A good mate of mine has been in the same boat as you, he knocked a guy out for laying hands on his wife,  it was 11 years ago but he was worried his sgc application would be turned down because of it,   he received his cert in the post last week.

That's good to hear... I have had a letter asking for dates I'm available for a visit that has gone back so just hoping that's one step nearer 

4 minutes ago, Jacko3275 said:

That's good to hear... I have had a letter asking for dates I'm available for a visit that has gone back so just hoping that's one step nearer 

Well I think if they are arranging your visit that it`s looking positive. I`m pretty sure they will have done your background checks before they visit you,  good luck