7 Seat 4x4

WelshAndy

I bought a mk1 xc90 4 months ago 2.4td auto (semi) .

First ever experience with volvo but up to now its probably the nicest 4x4 I've owned .

I know its not in the disco league but having owned ;

Disco 300tdi

Toyota hilux surf

Jeep grand Cherokee

Shogun

Xtrail

It suits my off road needs very well (not serious green laning or mud plugging ) and is very comfortable on road .

So if I had your budget and depending on what you need it to do I would certainly give the xc90 a serious thought

12 minutes ago, hodge911 said:

I bought a mk1 xc90 4 months ago 2.4td auto (semi) .

First ever experience with volvo but up to now its probably the nicest 4x4 I've owned .

I know its not in the disco league but having owned ;

Disco 300tdi

Toyota hilux surf

Jeep grand Cherokee

Shogun

Xtrail

It suits my off road needs very well (not serious green laning or mud plugging ) and is very comfortable on road .

So if I had your budget and depending on what you need it to do I would certainly give the xc90 a serious thought

Thank you - what year is yours?

45 minutes ago, WelshAndy said:

Thank you - what year is yours?

Its getting on a bit its a 2005 but with full dealers service history ...... if you look on youtube there's some videos on there of the xc90 doing well off road . I bought from down Sheffield and on the run home I set the cruise control to 70 mph and it returned 48.6 mpg which doing the calculation on how much it cost in fuel is not that far away from being correct

Interestingly I had a Discovery 3 (57 plate) and was bitten badly, I've now just bought an XC90, it's a 59 plate, it has 70k on the clock and was 11.5k, only had it a week, but dead impressed with it, it's super comfy, and the wife likes it more than the Disco! 

Yes, it's a little smaller (Boot wise) and of course, doesn't have the off-road ability, but it feels much nicer to drive, and probably suits us just as well.  We have 3 kids under 5, and it fits 3 car seats side by side, with ease.  

I think the fuel economy is a little better than the Disco, and of course, the road tax is £200 a year cheaper.  I'm led to believe that they are a far more reliable car than the Disco's, I have my fingers crossed!

All in all, pleased I made the switch.

Good luck!

Hayden

56 minutes ago, Hayden said:

Interestingly I had a Discovery 3 (57 plate) and was bitten badly, I've now just bought an XC90, it's a 59 plate, it has 70k on the clock and was 11.5k, only had it a week, but dead impressed with it, it's super comfy, and the wife likes it more than the Disco! 

Yes, it's a little smaller (Boot wise) and of course, doesn't have the off-road ability, but it feels much nicer to drive, and probably suits us just as well.  We have 3 kids under 5, and it fits 3 car seats side by side, with ease.  

I think the fuel economy is a little better than the Disco, and of course, the road tax is £200 a year cheaper.  I'm led to believe that they are a far more reliable car than the Disco's, I have my fingers crossed!

All in all, pleased I made the switch.

Good luck!

Hayden

Thanks Hayden. 

Currently looking for a Volvo XC90 same age and mileage as yours. 

I have ran a XC90 MK1 d5 for over a year and a half. 

Very comfy car not bad off road in fields and tracks. Seats are some of the comfiest for long journeys. 

Mpg is nowhere near 48mpg. Most I've had on a long run from teesside to Surry was 44. Something and that was a one off due being stuck in them variable speed limits. My average speed was fifty mph. Normal runs to Surry and back were 37 down and 39 from Surry to teesside. Don't know why it was 2mpg different but it was everytime and with cruise control on.

Around town and the odd ten mile motorway stint I'm averaging 29mpg I don't drive hard either as they to keep around 2000 revs for gears to change up.

Edited by figgy