Foxes getting brave

team tractor

I’ve had 2 fox’s  barking outside my house for 5 hours now . At 2am they  were sat on my drive so I opened the window and shouted ****** off . They  stood there and barked at me . I waved my arms and they didn’t care. 

I live in the middle of a housing estate . I can’t believe how brave they are ??? 

I just want sleep now but they keep coming back within minutes. No chance of shooting here before anyone mentions it. 

Its bonkers

to add . They were making the most weird noise I’ve ever heard. Like a buckled bike wheel rubbing on the brakes. 

Edited by team tractor

I hope tonight goes better otherwise I’ll be chasing them off in my birthday suit 😂 .

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

One of these should do.

CA198B89-ECAE-49FA-82EB4688CA54EBD1_source.jpg

That’s one cat I’d love, don’t know how my other 2 would like it tho ??? 

2 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Live catch cages? 

Relocate to a permanent site 😊

I’d be letting my fat cat out of it every morning lol 

2 hours ago, yod dropper said:

Let the cat out. Top of the chain according to Chris Packham and he obviously knows what he's talking about.

Funnily enough, I watched with interest the meeting of a fox and cat as they approached nose to nose around a corner one morning, there was a stand off that lasted approximately 60 seconds, but when it came to the crunch, the cat chased the fox off before carrying on its way, it was fascinating to see. 

2 hours ago, Dibble said:

Mr Packham also says you only ever get one fox per square kilometre 

That's rubbish, round here there are possibly up to five regulars that visit our cul de sac alone but they may be one extended family. A square kilometre is a big area, in an urban area its hundreds of streets

Edited by Vince Green

i had the same problem team tractor to many people on my estate feeding the foxes i got a fox trap in my garden baited it and got 5 of them  in 3 weeks i had  purchased a moderated mossberg 410 from the forum  and shot them from above the trap so the shot goes through their head and into the ground  i had asked basc if it was legal and as long as the shot does not go outside your property and the neighbours do not complain about the noise its legal  i shot them early in the morning  so no one was even awake  i did tell my neighbours on both sides and they told me they didnt hear anything so they must be heavy sleepers  it is not sporting its more like an execution but it got the job done no more fox poo everywhere no more my dog throwing up and ill after digging up and eating what the fox had buried   give it a try  if you get a used trap on evil bay you can nearly always sell it for what you paid and if you get a 410 the same really either keep it for fun ofr sell it on .rob

I live in a vallage on a small horse shoe shaped culdesak . Which backs onto fields ...we are overrun with fox’s !!! They are crossing the road in the village in the day ... one ran out of someone’s garden earlier when I was taking the dog for a walk ! 

Anyway  I let my dog out the back gate every morning ...well he basically has free roam of the back field as he’s too thick to run off (10 year old lab) 

i think it was back in September every morning I let him out he ended up having a stand of with dumb young fox  .  Turns out next door but one are throwing out all there left over meat !! 🙈

Anyway judge me if you want but I decided To put my own bait out in the field for a couple of nights 

this was the result on the 3rd .... 22 yards out . Shot clean just above the eye stone dead 

1 less Young dog fox 🦊 

(I no not everyone agrees with air rifles for fox’s but they are basically silent and a well placed shot will make sure you get a good nights sleep !)

SS

D54CF3D9-C40D-4192-8DE2-92ACA8480176.jpeg

Edited by secret-squirrel

2 hours ago, secret-squirrel said:

I live in a vallage on a small horse shoe shaped culdesak . Which backs onto fields ...we are overrun with fox’s !!! They are crossing the road in the village in the day ... one ran out of someone’s garden earlier when I was taking the dog for a walk ! 

Anyway  I let my dog out the back gate every morning ...well he basically has free roam of the back field as he’s too thick to run off (10 year old lab) 

i think it was back in September every morning I let him out he ended up having a stand of with dumb young fox  .  Turns out next door but one are throwing out all there left over meat !! 🙈

Anyway judge me if you want but I decided To put my own bait out in the field for a couple of nights 

this was the result on the 3rd .... 22 yards out . Shot clean just above the eye stone dead 

1 less Young dog fox 🦊 

SS

D54CF3D9-C40D-4192-8DE2-92ACA8480176.jpeg

Getting my pop corn ready for this one ... 

7 hours ago, team tractor said:

I hope tonight goes better otherwise I’ll be chasing them off in my birthday suit 😂 .

That’s one cat I’d love, don’t know how my other 2 would like it tho  

I’d be letting my fat cat out of it every morning lol 

yeah im sure your birthday suit will defo do the job Nathan :whistling:

7 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Funnily enough, I watched with interest the meeting of a fox and cat as they approached nose to nose around a corner one morning, there was a stand off that lasted approximately 60 seconds, but when it came to the crunch, the cat chased the fox off before carrying on its way, it was fascinating to see. 

My cats sit with them regularly 

2 hours ago, Dougy said:

OOOoooohhhh Nooo

Secret squirrel what have you done. !!!!!!!

Just kiddin, but you will get some folk going now. 

TT how long your drive, do you want me to sort it ? 

I could park over the road with my starboard hatch open. 

My drives 15 yards long 😀.

i have an anti living 4 houses away :/ maybe I’ll ask her to lamp lol

51 minutes ago, team tractor said:

My cats sit with them regularly 

My drives 15 yards long 😀.

i have an anti living 4 houses away  maybe I’ll ask her to lamp lol

15 yards , perfect ...Air rifle !!  😉

Tamworth’s not 10000 miles away .. if the “problem” persists your more than welcome to borrow my gun 👍.  

Pretty much silent .. scary accurate .. oh and the best bit .....Full nightvision on the little 3” screen so you can even get that anti round to admire your shot placement ! 😂😂😂👍👍

SS

3CA33FAA-597A-4E7A-B07E-D9BEBB9A391F.jpeg

1 hour ago, secret-squirrel said:

15 yards , perfect ...Air rifle !!  😉

Tamworth’s not 10000 miles away .. if the “problem” persists your more than welcome to borrow my gun 👍.  

Pretty much silent .. scary accurate .. oh and the best bit .....Full nightvision on the little 3” screen so you can even get that anti round to admire your shot placement ! 😂😂😂👍👍

SS

3CA33FAA-597A-4E7A-B07E-D9BEBB9A391F.jpeg

I’ve a cabinet full lol  but thank you. If I don’t sleep tonight I’ll be looking at a trap I think 👍

1 hour ago, Dougy said:

What's she like tt, i could wait in an upstairs room all night 😁

She’s sound actually but not your type ;) 

ive a brick wall backdrop but I enjoy them about when they don’t keep barking :)  . That’s just the neighbour