Use or pamper

fitzy

26 minutes ago, button said:

With all due respect it's all relative to the individual and if someone has worked hard and saved hard to buy an SP3 then to them it could be worth more than a Purdey or Boss to somebody who is very wealthy 

Agreed.

I bought a silver pigeon III after saving up in my first fulltime job. That’s about 14 years ago. It’s still the most I’ve spent on a gun. I’ve contemplated doing the same and buying a sxs or semi but then I’d never use the SP.III. 

My advice is to use it, that’s what you bought it for - plus better to master one shotgun then be mediocre with lots... however I’ll never critique a man with many guns!!

Shoot it. I shoot at pigeons with a Perazzi that was at the Commonwealth Games. Why wait for someone else to appreciate something that is yours? The value of something to you shouldn't be based on it's saleable value unless you have an actual plan to sell it. 

1 hour ago, ehb102 said:

Shoot it. I shoot at pigeons with a Perazzi that was at the Commonwealth Games. Why wait for someone else to appreciate something that is yours? The value of something to you shouldn't be based on it's saleable value unless you have an actual plan to sell it. 

Wow, love Perazzis, whose was it?

I also use my Perazzi for most things, pigeons, rough shoots, clays etc.  Its been out in all weathers but its the gun I shoot best with and does what it was intended to do.  Have a couple of Side by sides that I use if I want something lighter to carry in the fields but the Perazzi is my "main" do it all gun.  Have a Beretta 692 that has sat in the safe for the last 6 months but I dont intend of keeping just to keep it nice, its just that I dont really get on with it, will be gone soon!