12G 50g Reloads

Hi , i am just getting into reloading 12g and looking to make a fox shell basically something similar to an RC50 

3 " Magnum with 50g of BB (lead)

i'm having trouble finding any data sheets relating to heavier cartridges , I will be using Cheddite 3" unprimed cases but am unsure which wads/primers/powder to go for as most of the stuff i'm reading relates to American items , i have downloaded a date sheet from clay and game but its not quite what i am looking for

Any help with where to look or known recipes would be much appreciated ( i have lymans 5th edition , its very dated )

Thanks

Mat

32 minutes ago, Diss4111 said:

Clay games CD says 76mm case, CX50 primer, 31 grains Vectan A0, 19mm fibre wad, 50 grams shot. Aprox 1100 FPS @ 2.5m and 751.6 bar pressure

that's old data!!!! A0 doesn't load 50g anymore  even with CX50 

2 hours ago, Blacksheep said:

Hi , i am just getting into reloading 12g and looking to make a fox shell basically something similar to an RC50 

3 " Magnum with 50g of BB (lead)

i'm having trouble finding any data sheets relating to heavier cartridges , I will be using Cheddite 3" unprimed cases but am unsure which wads/primers/powder to go for as most of the stuff i'm reading relates to American items , i have downloaded a date sheet from clay and game but its not quite what i am looking for

Any help with where to look or known recipes would be much appreciated ( i have lymans 5th edition , its very dated )

Thanks

Mat

What powders do you have handy?

I got some recipes with Tecna, M92S, 800X, SP2 and maybe something else (need to check the proofing sheets)

cheers,

Hi i have not bought any powders yet , i'm off to the local shop this afternoon to see what powders and primers they stock and then locate a recipe/data sheet for whats available before i go back and buy anything , will post again later when i know what i can get

Thanks

Alliant blue dot powder  has plenty of loads for 3" fiochi case various wads and a couple of primer choice.

Another to look at I'd Bubba Rowntree outdoors top ten buckshot loads on YouTube he has some 3" chedite and fiochi cases recipe's that hold a good pattern to 60m, worth a watch.

Unless your using a lot of them is it not cheaper to just buy a box or two.

Edited by figgy

Not as far as I know, I think they're different cases or hulls depending where your from. The wads most times have an equivalent you can use. .

Most of the wads Wade uses on buna Rowntree outdoors are ballistic products so you should be able to buy them.

Guest cookoff013
1 hour ago, figgy said:

Yes you did cookoff013 there is an echo 😁

yeah i thought so. i thought i heard it mentioned...

incidently, it probably would be the best case in this scenario as a lb of powder would produce a good couple a hundred shells. looking at the data (yeah, thats what i did)

and maybe some case a dual purpose such as 1.5oz. 

and some fun time loads, such as 1.5oz #9.

what was that again ? bluedot ?

there is an echo

You could also use Alliant steel instead of blue dot. 

I think I would copy one of Bubba Rowntree Outdoors Buckshot loads, all the shot on a 26" pattern board at 60 meters. Just change up the sizes of shot with a nice duplex load.

Edited by figgy

I think, across my proof sheets these powders will be the cheaper you can find; same as the other components which are Fiocchi and B&P available either throuhg C&G or Folkstone:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Powder: SP2

12/76 Fio615 2,45 x 50 B&P z2m18  star crimped at 64mm (Exactly)

V1= 409 m/s

PMax: 854 bar 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Powder: SP2

12/76 Fio615 2,35 x 52 B&P z2m15 star crimp @ 64 mm (Exactly)

V1= 394 m/s

PMax: 935 bar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Powder: SP8

12/76 Fio615 2,43 x 50 B&P z2m18 star crimp @ 65 mm (Exactly) 

V1= 398 m/s

PMax: 849 bar

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Powder: SP8

12/76 CX50 2,45x52  B&P z2m15 star crimp @ 64 mm (Exactly) . 829-876-880 v1 394-419 

V1= 402 m/s

PMax: 855 bar

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't find the other heavy loads for 800X only 40ish grams (not that are less valid though)

Cheers,

Just seen this, think you where right to go with Blue Dot and Bubba Roundtree has plenty of options in the 1.5 - 1.7 ozs lead payload range. I have had some of his Blue Dot loads tested and they are fine which is to be expected because his powder charges are way lower than Alliant max on web site, but you never know. I have loaded a lot of Bubba loads from BB to 0 Buck and many pattern very well at extended range out of my Mossberg with the right choke. I would be interested to hear how you get on. Good luck.