Went ahead and done it.

30-6

Well I've had my Jimny from new since 2006, love it, and don't really want to part with it, only 40k on the clock. However, second grandchild due any day, took the plunge after being offered a good part exchange.

Will be nice to have a bigger 5 door, with more boot space, still in a 4x4 petrol 1.6 with optional spare wheel, done research and all the rust issues are long gone. So it's being built today and should have it by end January.

So, I'll be saying bye Betsy, you served me well, WITH A TEAR IN MY EYE, ( not joking ).

There are 4 models of the Duster, test drove the top of the range. The one I am getting is the 2nd up in 4x4 in petrol.

Can't see a Laureate in the Duster brochure I have. It shows Access, Essential, Comfort and Prestige. These are on a 68 plate.

There are a lot of Darcia's vehicles about at the moment, seems to be they are getting very popular.

Edited by 30-6

1 hour ago, johnnytheboy said:

What mpg are the diesel 4x4 dusters doing, anyone got one? 

Mine is getting 40mpg on, doing 10 mile trips on average.

1 hour ago, 30-6 said:

There are 4 models of the Duster, test drove the top of the range. The one I am getting is the 2nd up in 4x4 in petrol.

Can't see a Laureate in the Duster brochure I have. It shows Access, Essential, Comfort and Prestige. These are on a 68 plate.

There are a lot of Darcia's vehicles about at the moment, seems to be they are getting very popular.

Laureate was the older version of the top of the range. Equivalent of Prestige, I suppose?

16 hours ago, 30-6 said:

Whats the petrol ones getting for MPG? Does it have 4x4?

I was considering a Jimny which are apparently great off road but rubbish on-road, poor MPG and poor for space. It's good off-road ability was the only thing that made it worth buying. 

19 hours ago, johnnytheboy said:

What mpg are the diesel 4x4 dusters doing, anyone got one? 

Bought a 67-reg Duster 4x4 last month, not yet certain of fuel consumption because I have driven it less than 1000 miles, but the computer says overall 51.5mpg during my ownership (fairly gentle use, mainly on rural roads).   For comparison, similar driving has given me long-term consumption of 55mpg in Panda 4x4 and 38mpg in Grand Vitara (both diesels).

The 4x4 starts with the second model the essential. Haven't got it yet, only built last week, dealers take orders and then a production run starts when a set figure is reached.

I had the 1.6 petrol, gut feeling tells me to stay away from diesel.

2 hours ago, 30-6 said:

..... gut feeling tells me to stay away from diesel.

Me too, but I could not find a petrol model with the right spec available from stock  (I prefer to see what I am buying, and dislike those waiting lists where delivery date is unknown, and the specification can be changed at the whim of the manufacturer).

Websites suggests the 1.6 petrol engine is reliable but thirsty, while quite a lot of problems have been reported with the newer 1.2TCE petrol engines (in Nissan and Renault vehicles, as well as Dacia).